Chapter 1: Avril the Poker

Teddy's P.O.V.

It was my first day of second grade in a new school... Well, my first school. My parents had home schooled me ever since I had spoken my first word.

I was skipping into the alabaster colored brick building with a huge grin plastered on my face, while grasping my mother's hand. That day was supposed to be the best day of my life or at least... that's what I thought. Now, I consider it the WORST day and the biggest mistake of my life. I should have just stayed home schooled... or gone to a different school.

I was ecstatic entering the building. While still hand-in-hand, my mom and I were greeted with a bright, warm smile by this nice receptionist. She guided us to my new homeroom. Once in front of the brown, wooden doorway, my mother attempted to hold back the tears, but as soon as she bent down to hug me, out came the waterworks and flooding wails. She eventually let go and wished me good luck through all of her sobs. I adjusted the book bag on my back as I confidently and happily waltzed through the door.

As soon as I took my first steps into the classroom, EVERYONE'S eyes were on me like prey marching into a den full of predators. The smile on my face diminished as it turned into a nervous smirk. They all began whispering amongst their friends, but I wasn't too concerned at that point. A tall, pointy-nosed, friendly, freckled-faced lady obscured my view of them. She introduced herself as Mrs. Fran, my homeroom teacher. Mrs. Fran instructed me to go play with the other children while we waited for everyone to arrive so we could do some introduction... circle... thing.

I wanted to go play with the other children like she suggested, but their ice, cold stares were piercing through me like a knife impaling its victim. Their stares were like scary invisible hands that pushed me into the lonely right corner of the room.

It wasn't so bad though, because this corner had these really comfy-looking pillows and small bookshelves. Immediately after my retreat into my newfound safe zone, I plopped myself down into a pillow's center, letting it engulf me as I pull the nearest book off the shelf, and began my descent into its words.

After a few minutes into my read, I jerked my head upwards as I felt a chill run down my spine. It felt like someone was staring at me, but when I looked up... there was no one even glancing my way. It seemed like they all went back to what they were previously doing before I came in. I returned back to my book, but I couldn't focus. That chilling feeling was spreading through my entire body as I now felt a closer, harsher, colder, stare from my left. I hurriedly closed my book shut and whipped my upper body around to meet the eyes of starer.

My body slightly flinched back due to how close in proximity our faces were together. I eyed the girl's white, chubby, child face, dark colored hair, and peered into her DARK magenta-almost crimson eyes as I wondered, How did I not notice her sitting next to me.

Another few minutes went by as we just gazed into eachother's eyes. I was getting tired of this staring contest so I leaned back into my original position and nervously waved at the girl. Her face kept the same blank, emotionless stare.

I nervously smile and extend out my hand as I attempted to greet her, "Hi! My name's Teddy Richards. What's yours?"

She warily looks down at my hand and doesn't shake it. The girl slowly raises her eyes to meet mine and softly with no emotion replies, "Avril."

I withdraw my hand and still keep a huge grin on my face as I revert my attention back to my book.

I was hoping that Avril would stop staring at me, but instead her stares intensify as she inched so close that I could feel her heated breath on my cheek. I give her a side glare, hoping that she'll get the hint, but to no avail. My last option was to just ignore her so I plunge my face deeper into my book to close off the outside world.

This tactic only worked for about a minute, before Avril regained my attention when she began poking me. I continued to ignore her, but the speed of her pokes kept slowly intensifying. I gave her another side glare as I mumbled, "Stop."

In response to this request, Avril pokes me even faster and with more pressure so I clearly and politely asked, "Please, stop."

Again she refused and I was tired of it at this point so I slammed my book closed, threw it to the ground with a loud impact that reverberated through my ears, jump up, and yelled, "STOP IT!"

After I did that, everyone was staring at me again, but I didn't care because Mrs. Fran rushed over to my rescue, and asked what's wrong. I relate to her the previous events, and the girl was forced to sit in the corner opposite of me.

Avril didn't seem too pleased with the punishment because as she walked past me to her corner, her eyes seemed to have slightly changed. They seemed darker than before, almost as dark as a hole that could lead to the center of the earth. My suspicions were confirmed when she sat down in the corner opposite of me and those dark, furiously sinister eyes were creepily watching me and my EVERY move. I lift my pillow and rotate it toward the wall, away from Avril. As I plop myself down in it, I still could feel her giving me that same bone-chilling glare into the back of my skull where I am thinking, That girl is weird.
________________________________________________________________________________

Hi! Hi! Bunny-boo/SakuraBoo/Bella Lovoo here! I hope you enjoyed my first chapter of my first book. If you have any suggestions on the story or ways for me to prove my writing, then please tell me in the comments.