Chapter 35

Kelly POV

3:09 AM

"Beyoncé." I whispered.

"Bey." I said a little louder.

"Babe." I called looking down at her.

"Hm?" she answered with her eyes closed.

"The monitor." I yawned. "I need you to move."

"I'll get her." she said.

I reached over and switched the lamp light on. She rolled off of me and left the room. She always does this. Every time Mel wakes up in the middle of the night crying, she sleeps through the monitor and when I offer to get up she always turns me down. Soon I heard the crying die down and she walked in yawning and closing the door behind her.

"She.. okay?" I asked my yawn interrupting me.

"Mhm." she climbed back on top of me.

"You never let me get her." I pouted.

"'Cause I don't want you getting up." she laid her head down on my chest.

"I don't mind." I said, rubbing my hand up and down her back.

"Mm." she moaned.

I chuckled and bit my lip. "So is that a yes?"

I waited for a response as I continued rubbing her back but she never answered. I heard soft snoring. I looked down at her and she was sound asleep. I laughed to myself and turned the lamp light out.

Bey POV

I woke up and realized I was the only one in the bed. I sat up as I looked around the room, and sniffed through the air. The smell of bacon perked and I slowly got out of bed and went into the bathroom. After washing my hands, I started to brush my teeth. I smiled to myself in the mirror. I'm finally at a place in my life where I'm happy again. No more confusing and twisted feelings. I know this is real and I want this forever. I don't care who knows.

After brushing my teeth, I washed my face. Once I was done I walked out of the bathroom and the room, making my way into the nursery. I walked over and looked in the empty crib. I quickly headed downstairs. I went into the kitchen to see Kelly flipping pancakes with one hand and rocking a sleeping Melanie in the other. I smiled instantly. She makes it look so easy. I crept up behind her but she spoke before I even got to her back.

"Morning baby." she said calmly.

"Damn." I said to myself.

"What?" she laughed, turning towards me.

I huffed. "I'll get you one day."

"Mhm, can you grab her?" she asked, placing a pancake onto a plate.

I carefully took Melanie off of her shoulder and started kissing all on the side of her face. Kelly went into the fridge and grabbed a carton of orange juice and a bowl of freshly cut strawberries. I watched as she reached up in the cabinet and grabbed two glasses.

"You ready to eat?" she asked as she poured the juice into one of the glasses.

I carried Mel over to her bassinet in the living and laid her down there so we could watch her. I went back into the kitchen and wrapped my arms around Kelly's waist. I kissed on her neck.

"Sleep good?" she asked.

"Yes." I said into her neck.

"Well I hope your breakfast is just as good." she said handing me a plate of pancakes, eggs, bacon and strawberries.

"Awww, thank you baby." I said taking the plate and kissing her cheek.

She blushed and went over to sit down at the table. I grabbed my glass of juice and sat my plate next to hers. I sat my glass down on the table and sat in her lap.

"What are you doing?" she laughed.

"Eating." I said in a duh tone.

We sat in a comfortable silence as we ate, laughing at Melanie's snores every now and then. We finished our food and I drank the last bit of my juice. I felt Kelly staring at me. I looked over at her and smiled.

"How'd it taste?" she asked.

"Delicious." I nodded.

I turned fully with my body facing her front. I wrapped my arms around her neck and leaned in as my eyes closed, kissing her lips.

"But that tastes so much better." I smirked.

She blushed and looked down. I swear every time we kiss, it feels like the first. I get butterflies every time. I got up, taking our dishes to the sink.

"You're in a good mood." she giggled.

"And you know the reason for that." I smiled.

She kissed my lips and sighed.

"What's wrong?" I frowned.

"Actually, nothing. I'm just so happy that I finally got the girl I've been dreaming of for years.." she smiled.

"Kelly.."

"I love you so much, Beyoncé. You don't know how bad I've waited for this. How bad I wanted this." she held me tight.

"And you have me. All of me. I'm not going anywhere. Understand?" I stared into her eyes.

"I do." she smiled.

"I can't wait to say those words." I giggled. "I can't wait for our family."

"Really?" she laughed.

"Yes! I want five children!" I cried out.

"Whoa, whoa, slow down there. You just-"

"Okay, and I'm ready for some more." I cut her off.

"Why're you so ready?" she titled her head.

"It was the most beautiful experience of my life.. you asking me to marry you made it a thousand times better." I bit my lip.

"You saying yes was the most beautiful moment." she smiled.

I smiled and kissed her passionately. She started to deepen the kiss, of course until we were pulled away by the sound of soft crying. We walked into the living room, and over to the bassinet. As I was about to lean over and reach in, I stopped myself and made way for Kelly to do so. She flashed me a smile and I smiled back. She reached in and grabbed her, rocking her gently. We sat back on the couch, and admired all her features. This felt like heaven. I wouldn't want it any other way.