chapter 1

Ellie is 17 years old,and for the past 8 years she has been living with her dads friend,Mike. Her dad is a loving person but to pay for his life he has to move from England to America to work. Mike is a horrible man ,but Tony (Ellies dad) doesn't know it. he take drugs, abuses Ellie and is never at the house.

Ellie is terrified and takes it out on other people around her. In the past she has put children into hospital which once led her to jail. Ellie sleeps in the attic with only water and mouldy bread. Even though Ellie has the strength to attack people ,she is anorexic which puts her through pain. Mike has never once took her to one of her operations or check-ups so she got worse.

December 28th 2009,

Dear Diary,

Today i'm feeling really bad,i think I've got flu , I've shouted all morning to Mike but he didn't listen,he's not let me use the loo all day,i held it in till noon but then i had to let it go. Its my birthday in a week but i wont get anything,my mum in Los-Vegas will send me something and my dad will but he will just keep it, maybe sell it. i hate my life, no friends ,no mum ,no dad ,no brother or sister,i did have a brother, Ben,but that evil man killed him. I got put into care for 5 years then he got out of prison and i had to go back to live with him,he threatens to kill me if told anyone what he was doing to me.

End Of Entry

Ellie carried her journal with her everywhere ,well in the attic seen as that was the only place she was allowed,it was so special to her because her dad gave it to her. Everything was in it. sadness,happiness,secrets and feelings (deep feelings). She knew exactly when her father was getting back , 2 years,9 months and 124 days. Her mum was never coming back, well she didn't know that she was.

Every day Ellie thought of plans to get out and run away, but all the windows were coverd  up with metal bars ,something her strength couldn't break,why her, why him? why did she have to be left with him?

Her life was a total misery, the only thing she owned was a journal, what most kids had and lots other things.