Breakup Survival List

Anna

I've been here at Cara's hotel for three days now but I still can't forget what pain John did to me. I still remember every happy moment we had. But now it's gone. Ang dami ko iniisip. Ang dami kong tanong. Gusto ko na lang mawala na parang bula. Ano na gagawin ko? Ano sasabihin ko sa pamilya ko? Sa pamilya niya?

I need to get air.

I actually haven't been out of my room since I got here because I felt so lost. I don't know what to do. I haven't even told my parents. I don't know what they would do if they found out about John and I. You see, my parents loved John as much as I did before. I remembered my last phone call to my mum. Sabi niya "5th Anniversary niyo na, mag propropose na yan". Maybe I assumed to much and it's all my fault that I assumed and got this hurt.

But can you blame me? Can you blame me that I loved him? I thought he was it. The one I will be for the rest of my life.

Okay, enough Anna. You're tough and will get through this. You're in a beautiful Island. You will survive. I tried my best to encourage myself.

I stepped out of my room and went down to the restaurant of this hotel, called Casa Louvre. In all honesty, the hotel was beautiful. The atmosphere smelt of green minty peppermint. If that is even a smell. Basta the restaurant looked so aesthetic.

I decided to have breakfast at the buffet served in the restaurant and than go out to the beach for a little sun.

"One Caramel Latté please." I said to the waiter serving in the restaurant.

While eating my breakfast, I got out my notebook. This notebook isn't just any notebook. It's practically my life. Everything that I am thinking goes in here. All of my thoughts during John and I's relationship was in here. But I ain't going back to those pages. I opened a new fresh page and started writing.

How to move on? How to be happy again? How to survive this breakup? It's been 5 years. And it's over. No more sweet memories. I just don't know how. Somebody tell me what I can do, to be happy again.
Maybe if I write things to do while I am on this vacation, I might actually survive.
My very own BreakUp Survival List. I heard of this before on twitter of someone who survived their own break up. Maybe it might work on me right? So here it goes.

1. Meet someone new
2. See the beach
3. Try the water sports in Boracay.
4. Go to the spa and relax yourself
5. Have a drink at the bar
6. Watch the sunset
7. Delete all my photos of my past relationship on Instagram.
8. Look back through my notebook and tear every page of him.
9. Be happy again
10. Complete this journey with a
memorable memory.

I finished writing my BSL (Breakup Survival List) and got up to finish my first step. Who will I meet? Who can I meet? A new friend sounds nice.

"FRANCIS!!" I heard the waiter shout out across the lobby.

I looked to where he was shouting out and I saw a guy wearing an unbuttoned polo with shorts. Who is this? In fairness, gwapo siya.

Entry 2: I'm going to move on, you don't need him in your life. If he threw your relationship that easy and gave up on you that easily, then you should too. It's time to let go. Let go of everything. But never forget. Learn from your mistakes and from this lesson.

_________________

- Trish.