Heart Broken.

Anna

It's our anniversary today. I can't believe John and I made it this far. Hindi talaga ako makapaniwala. Parang kailan lang nakilala ko siya nung college at niligawan niya ako.

He wasn't texting me today. Hmm. I wonder why, maybe he has a surprise just like our first anniversary. Anna wag ka mag expect please! Naalala ko nanaman yung mga last anniversaries namin after our 3rd anniversary. Hindi niya na ako sinusurprise. Maybe I should surprise him instead.

I decided to make plans to bring him lunch at work since John is such a workaholic. It's nearly December and I can't wait to spend Christmas with the guy I love which was John. Preparing lunch for John wasn't hard because we have been together for 4 years and today is our 5th Anniversary. He became such a workaholic the last year since his business started booming and I don't blame him because he worked so hard just to get to where he is at. I made him Chicken Paellá, his favourite since we got together. Once it was cooked, I packed it in a mini container and put a note which says Happy 5th, Mon Amor.

I left the house with a happy smile on my face, as I was in such a great mood. Driving to John's company, wasn't that far from our apartment. We have been living with each other since our 3rd Anniversary and we were both 25 so we were old enough. Sabi nga ni Nadine Lustre, cmon guys it's 2018.

The security guard opened the door for me as I got to his company. Everyone knew me but somehow today was different. Hindi nila ako pinapansin. Parang nakakita sila nang multo. It looked so strange. Bahala na.

35th floor. Head Office. John was there.

As I got up, I went straight to John's office.

"Anna! Di mo sinabi na darating ka ngayon." John's secretary Jane came up to me. I smiled and stopped to hug her with my food in my other free hand.

"Maaga umalis si John ngayon eh and I'll thought I will surprise him today. It's our anniversary after all." I told her.

She looked at me and put her hand out and got my hand. "I can go get him if you will like. Dito kana lang please" Jane said slowly. I wondered why she was trying to stop me. "Jane I'm fine. Surprise nga diba." I don't know why she was trying to stop me but I ignored it.

I walked to the doors of his office.
John Thompson, Head.

Crash

The sound of broken glass of the food I was holding dropped on the floor. Tears were rolling out my face. Totoo ba to. The image of John and another girl kissing in his office broke me. It broke me so hard. Why John?

"Anna." he said as he went up and pushed the girl away from him and then walking to me trying reach and hold my hand. I was frozen. I don't know what to do. Ano gagawin ko sa situation na to? Yung mahal ko for five years, may iba na.

"Bakit, John? Ako ba?" I asked him.

He didn't answer. I slapped him and got out of the room before he tried to reach out for me again. The tears were still rolling but I tried to wipe it away while walking fast out of the office and into the elevator.

I got out of the company and went into my car.

"Arghhhhhhh!" I screamed and cried.

Why. A thousand whys were exploding in my mind. Was it me? What was wrong with me. Kailan pa? Ako na lang ba ang nag mamahal sa relation na to?

I drove off to the apartment and when I got there, I got my things and my luggage.

I am leaving. I never want to see him again. And this apartment only reminds me of him. I want to clear my head and move anywhere. I didn't want to go home because I don't want to be a burden to my parents and other siblings. They were all busy. At alam nila, masaya ako. Kasi konti nalang, iniisip nila na ikakasal na kami ni John. But I guess they were wrong.

I got my phone and rang my best friend. Cara.

"Hello? Anna? Happy--" Alam ko na kung ano sasabihin niya kaya cinut ko nalang.

"Cara." my voice was broken. I lost all of my words and I don't know what to say.

"Anna! Okay ka lang? Bakit ano nangyare? Do you want me to go there to you? Why are you crying?!" she asked me.

I sighed and sobbed. "He cheated on me. On our 5th Anniversary, Cara. I need to get out of here. Please tell me where to go!" I said with a broken voice.

"WHAT! No! I'm going to kill him! Argh! Anna, I want to go there to comfort you. I'm going to get my keys." she said on the other line.

"No, Cara! I just want to get away from here. Hindi ko lang talaga alam kung saan ako pupunta. Please tell me where. Please." I begged her.

She sighed. "You could go to our hotel in Boracay. I'll tell them now that you're coming. Anna, please tell me you'll be alright?" she assured me.

"Yes Cara. I need time to think. Thank you. I'll be back soon." I said.

I dropped our phone call and got all of my things and booked a flight to Kalibo to head to Boracay. I turned off my phone and I didn't want to turn it on this whole time I was in Boracay.

--

Entry 1: I gave you all my love. But why do you have to break everything. All I want is to get away from this pain inside of me. It kills me. It burns me. I hate it. Was I not enough? What went wrong? Please tell me, why?

___________________________

- Trish.