Discovery

*Pauls POV*

I feel the cold nights breeze flow through my thick fur as I run with Seth, Jared, and Embry. Sam had been heavy on patrol lately since the red head has made quite a few appearences on our territory.

It was very quiet tonight, making me uneasy. I listen closely to every nearby sound, at the same time attempting to block out Seth and Embry's arguing. While silently cursing wolf telepathy my senses are triggered by something running towards us. After alerting my brothers we head forward. I pick up a scent and immediately distinguished it from being a vampire. Unaware of what lies ahead we cautiously approach a frail figure laying on the ground.

Everyone shifts and heads to their nearest clothes we keep hidden in the forest. I wait against a tree for the boys to finish before heading back to the body. Whoever was on the ground made us all confused as we are left to speculate to each other.

"Who is that?" Seth asks.

"Yeah, and why are they laying on the floor?" Questions Embry.

"I don't know. We know the same amount that you guys do!" I snap

"Shh, we don't want to scare whoever it is." Jared chimes in.

The body was now in our line of sight. I watched as it trembled and shook against the ground. I see long brown hair and a figure indicating that it's a girl. She is only in a dirty tank top and a pair of underwear. I notice that her body is covered in bruises, cuts, and scars. Then I see bite marks, making my blood start to boil.

"We need to get her to Sams" I say breaking the silence.

"Maybe we should take her to doctor leach?" Jared questions referring to the bites.

"Whatever we do, we need to make it quick. She is losing a lot of blood." Seth says concerned for the well being of the girl.

"Paul you should pick her up." Embry adds.

I make my way closer to the girl and slowly lift her, in fear of hurting her delicate body. She shivers at my touch, trying desperately to open her eyes.

When she does I feel something I never thought I would. All my emotions start going crazy and all I could think about is this girl. I hear the guys murmuring something about imprinting, but my focus stays on the girl I'm holding in my arms. Her beautiful dark brown eyes start to drop as does my heart.

"Please don't close your eyes" I beg her before she completely closes them.

"Paul and I are taking her to the Cullen's. You and Seth need to go tell Sam." He says motioning at Embry.

We head towards the Cullen territory not caring about the treaty. I attempt to hold the girl as steady as possible, in fear of hurting her already broken body even more.

The thought of anyone doing this to her makes my blood start to boil again. I feel my body start to violently shake and I lose focused of my surroundings. I'm convinced that I'm about to shift until the girl I'm holding in my arms snaps me back to reality. She starts to stir I'm my arms wincing everytime a limb is moved to high, still keeping her eyes closed. All my focus is now on her as I try to sooth her back to sleep not even realizing we had crossed the line. (Literally)

I look up and see three of the bloodsucking Cullen's looking at the girl questionably. It's Mr steroids, human lover, and creepy future seeing Alice. I instinctively growl at them.

"Umm, your sorta on our land so I don't know why your growling mutt." Edward snaps back at me.

"We need Carlisle's help. Desperately" Jared explains looking at the girl in my arms.

Alice looks back down at my arms, worry covering her face as she realizes that I'm holding a human rather then a ware wolf.

"Okay, you need to hurry she's in a rough condition. Do you know how much blood she has lost?" Alice questions while quickly leading us away.

"No idea. We just found her laying on the ground." Jared answers as we approach a house.

"Carlisle!" Alice screams while entering the home.

Soon after a blonde headed man walks into the room. He immediately realizes the situation and starts barking orders at the rest of the bloodsuckers.

He walks over to me and motions for me to hand her over to him. I shake me head in response.

"Look I know you don't trust me or my family. But in order to save this girls life I will need her." Carlisle says looking at me with his cold eyes.

I carefully hand her into the arms of the leach, regretting every second she is not with me. I watched as he heads into another room and I follow closely behind.

"I need to work without distractions." Carlisle says and closes the door in my face.