She softly moved her head to look at Valka. She gave her a look and the mother I understood immediately what it meant.

She slowly turned around and motioned for the others to go. Gobber looked at the hugging couple before looking back at Valka. He nodded and left along with the woman and the others.

Once everyone had left, - probably to prepare some stuff, - Astrid moved her head back to how it was before she looked at Valka.

"Babe..." She said quietly. He hummed softly before sobbing. "Look at me."

As much as he didn't want to pull away, he still did. Pulling away, he looked at her. Her eyes were dark blue and slightly red. Her cheeks were puffy and her lips were plump.

She looked up at him and moved her hands from his back to his cheeks, her thumbs wiping his tears away. His eyes were bloodshot and he had dark circles.

Her eyes stayed on his lips for a few seconds before she looked up and into his eyes. She wanted to kiss him so bad. To make things better. To take all of his pain away and to make him happy.

She didn't know what to say but, honestly, there probably wasn't anything to be said. Because, just by looking at his eyes, she knew what he felt.

He was sad and he wanted all of it to be over but still, there was that little spark she always saw in his eyes when he looked at her.

She was so happy every time she got to see him. Because, every time he saw her, his whole face just lit up. His eyes were always shining when he looked at her. They still were, even if all the pain had dulled them down.

"Hiccup..." She whispered slowly. His grip tightened around her and she felt everything press against her harder.

She didn't mind. The more it hurt, the better she felt. Because, it just reminded her of that he still was there. And that he was holding her, not letting her go.

She didn't know what to say. She just wrapped her arms around his neck tightly and buried her face into his neck.

Hiccup sobbed again before inhaling slowly. "Astrid..." He started and moved his head, out of her braid. "Yes?" He heard her whisper into his neck, asking him what it was. "I'm sorry for being a complete idiot and for not being the one you wanted me to be and-"

"Hiccup, what are you talking about?" Astrid interrupted him and pulled back, looking at him. "You're not an idiot. You'll never be. Stop thanking about yourself in a bad way. You are the one I want. You're the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. Wether it's I'm marriage or just as we are now. You have to listen to me. Stop pushing yourself down and feeling like it's all your fault. It's not. This is all my fault. If I hadn't kidnapped Eret, made him lead us to Drago and brag about you and Berk, this wouldn't have happened. I'm so sorry..." She trailed off.

"Astrid..."

"I know. You hate me. I hate myself too."

"Astrid..."

"I get it, Hiccup. I know. I'm sorry."

"M'lady, just listen to me. It's not your fault. It happened. Nothing is your fault. I'm right here. Astrid, I'll never leave. Listen to me, you're everything I want. Everything I need. He knew what he was doing. He didn't want his only son, Berk's chief and...your husband to die," Hiccup whispered the last part, his lips barely touching her cheek.