E l e v e n

Frank sits on a bench in the cemetery. He knows he blew up too fast. He twists the cigarette between his fingers before placing it between his lips.

The cemetery has always been his go to place, whenever he gets to mad.

Everything Gerard said to him was true though.

If he hadn't held Gerard back, He could've saved Mikey. Either way, only one of Belle's brothers would come home.

He just figured if He tried to save one it would be okay.

Maybe it should've been him. Then Belle could just find another boyfriend. Both of her brothers would be here and it would be okay.

Frank sees a familiar dark purple coat, walk to the far side of the cemetery, where a fresh patch of dirt is piled, and collapse.

A cold wind tugs the smoke from his cigarette as he watches Belle sit in front of the grave, unmoving.

"Guess we were all thinking the same thing."

Frank looks from Belle to Gerard, who's sitting next to him.
"You were right, Frank." Gerard keeps his eyes straight ahead, hands shoved in the pockets of his coat, "I need to be here for Belle. She can't lose both of her brothers."

Frank looks at the ground, running a hand through his hair.

"But she can't lose you either."

He looks up at the eldest Way.

"I don't blame you for Mikey dying. You were trying to save me. But Belle can't lose you, Frank."

"It'd be easier if-"

"If she was crying over your grave?"

"Yes."

Gerard shakes his head, "No matter what, it would've been a bad ending. All we can do is try to honor Mikey's memory by living to the fullest. He may not have liked you very much, but he knew how much Belle loves you."

Gerard stands, "Think over it Frank."

He walks across the graveyard to his sister and crouched next to her. She wraps her arms around him and says something. Gerard says something back and leads her out.

Frank stomps out his cigarette and walks to the grave of the youngest Way.

"I'll take care of her, Mikey. Promise."

Chapter update yay!!