6. Making an effort.

*Sharon*

World's best feeling is not having someone to wake you up from your beauty sleep, and the best of the best feelings is getting a chance to sleep until noon. I was having the best time of my life, but still, I feel so lonely here. How perfect it would have been if Swayam and I were in the same room, I thought. But No, Mr. Perfect is hell behind on making my life a hell. Muttering profanities under my breath, I walked out of my bathroom after having a hot shower. Water drops were dripping from my hair, wetting my back and the carpet; I ran my towel through it to drain them. After some time of changing and getting ready, something caught my attention, and the water formed in my mouth seeing the food on the table near the couch, all were my favorites; knowing that Swayam had done that, a smile formed on my lips, I grinned widely making my cheeks ache. I was hungry to eat an elephant, since reaching here in the morning this was the first time I saw food because I fell straight to the bed the moment I put my feet inside this room, now it might have become three in the noon.

So Swayam is making an effort.' I thought and throwing the hair dryer onto the bed, I ran towards my heaven to dig in. Now the world's awesome feeling is having mouth-watering foods to eat without caring about your weight. :p

I was in my own world, having my favorite foods when Swayam walked in, No, he practically barged in without even knocking. I would have kicked him if he had that any other time but now I don't care, as my mouth was full making my cheeks bulge like a football and some sauces were dripping through the corners of my mouth, I smiled at him sheepishly.

"Oh god Sharon, you eat like a pig." Muttered under his breath he walked towards me. After picking a tissue from the side table, he sat beside me on the couch. I thought he would give me that tissue to clean my mouth, but surprising me, he did that his own: he wiped the sauce off my lips. For a moment, I shivered with the slightest contact that made. However, without being affected he threw the tissue into the bin.

What he has made of?'

Doesn't he get affected by me?'

Silly confusions invaded my mind. Maybe you have never affected him, Sharon.'

No! That's not true, he is surely affected by me; he is just concealing it.'

A healthy conversation with your own mine is not dangerous, but when it starts to get unhealthy, you should stop it. Blocking my mind, I turned my attention towards Swayam, who was now reading a magazine.

"I have never affected you Swayam?"

Although I had asked him that, I did not want to make him uncomfortable. Silence prevailed in the room and he ignored me. "Have I ever affected you Swayam?" I asked again, this time clean and clear. I know I don't have a chance, at the same time I can't stop trying, when I keep on trying to get his attention, when I keep on trying to make an effort he just walk away, sometimes he turn his back towards me, clearly indicating that I don't have a chance. "Answer me."

"It's of no use now Sharon." He broke the long silence and continued his reading.

After that uninterested reply, I did not make an effort to talk to him for the next fifteen minutes. Finishing my meal, I cleaned my table and washed my hands when I walked back he was sitting in the position reading the same Magazine. I hope that he had turned the page; I rolled my eyes at him.

Determined to make him admit that I affect him, I sat near him facing his side.

"I have heard that."

Hearing me he did not look up, he just continued to read. Maybe he didn't hear.'

"Swayam," I called him again.

"Er, what did you say?" he asked without looking up from his damn magazine. "I missed it."