Help Me if You Can

The bright morning light seeping in through the window is the first thing to wake you from your deep sleep. The thought of getting out of bed makes your stomach ache and churn, but it's the image of Paul that makes you want to start the day.

As your eyes open slowly, remaining squinted, a blurry figure of your fiancé comes into view. You blink a few times, so his features become more clear.

Under your hand, you can feel his chest move up and down from his light, sleepy breathing. Part of you is scared that your head is hurting his shoulder, but you don't have enough courage to untangle your legs from his to adjust, in case you'll wake him up. Instead, you lay quietly and watch his chest fall up and down slowly.

Your eyes flicker up to his pure face. Clear skin, round cheeks, and high eyebrows fill your view, as a small smile works its way onto your face. You lift your hand cautiously from his bare chest, placing it against the side of his face gently.

You let your thumb rub gently against his smooth cheek as you admire the beautiful beatle under your fingertips.

His eyebrows furrow a little bit while he sleeps, as his cheek moves into your touch carefully. You lightly kiss his chest, when your eyes start to feel heavy, but you fight the urge to close them again.

You hear a grumble as your eyes start to shut, but the noise grabs your attention. You fully open them again and keep your eyes on Paul's awakening features. "Good morning, sunshine," you speak in a whisper, watching his eyes struggle to open due to the sunlight.

He grumbles again in reply and you pull your hand off of his face, letting your hand rest on his chest. Your finger traces small circles against his skin in a calming fashion as he wakes up. The ring on your finger glistens in the sunlight and that small smile returns to your face.

"Mornin', beautiful," you hear a soft, deep voice say, before you feel a kiss on your head; gentle and sweet. The smile on your face can only grow. You tilt your head up to look at him, and as you do, he kisses your nose. "How long have you been waiting for me to get up?" His voice is still quiet and morning-like.

"Not long," you whisper with a smile and adjust yourself so you're propped up on your forearm, making your face closer to his.

A warm smile soon forms on his face as he glances down at your lips, before he kisses you gently. "Glad i didn't make you wait, love."

Your smile feels permanent as you burry your face against his neck "You make me flush, McCartney," you mumble against his neck.

His chuckle fills your ears, which only makes you blush, more than you already are.

He rubs your back before growing and sitting up, placing you gently down onto the pillows next to him. He sits up straight and stretches his arms into the air, his back muscles emphasize.

You sit up and hug him from behind, letting your bare chest press against his bare back. "John and Cyn wanted to take us out to brunch today," you mumble into his back.

He rest his hands over yours, slightly intertwining your fingers. "He might have to wait a while," Paul's voice is still at a soft whisper.

You kiss the back of his neck and close your eyes. You hum lightly "Last night tired me out, Paulie." You peck his neck again. "Well do it again tonight." Planting another kiss on his neck, you say: "Promise." Then, you loop his pinkie with yours.

He chuckles at your pinky swear then lifts your hand to his mouth so he can kiss the top of your hand. "Don't need to do anything that you don't want to do, angel. Don't feel like you have to do anything." He pecks your hand again and you smile against his neck as you hum a reply.