Hallucinations

Another day. It was only getting worse.

I could relive Lucien's bite over and over in my head and feel the same disgusting, excruciating pain on my forearm as he bit down to my flesh and yanked a piece from it.

Klaus hadn't stopped ever since he found out. That was my mistake, I didn't want to tell him but he knew me far too well - better than what I expected. He tried bribing witches, and he tried to make his sister look deep into her "magical expertise" in order to help me.

But let's face it...

It's hopeless - I'm a lost cause.

My legs felt weaker, and not even blood helped me. Elijah, and sometimes Rebekah would come and provide me with some, but it wasn't something I wanted to get close to, not like before.

The Mikaelson's home was quiet, no one did anything but rush around, and surround me thinking that I'd fade if they didn't. It was quite funny actually. The Mikaelson's were quite a dysfunctional family and seeing them stick together in order to help me made me feel like I did bring a purpose. Maybe through my pain they'd become the family Hope needs, that Klaus needs.

I looked outside the window. It was sunny in New Orleans. Summer was approaching and the only thing I wanted to was to go outside, grab your typical Iced Coffee and sit outside a corner cafe- nothing else, and nothing more.

But I couldn't.

I set down my book and leaned my head back. My eyes froze on the dark wood rim around the large window of the living room. The sun rays felt so good against my skin. Ever since I was bitten it was like I was losing my persona as a vampire, and for once I felt close to the Camille I was before.

How funny.

I watched Hayley and Elijah sit outside with Hope. That little girl was precious, she understood pain, she knew my pain. I was so weak that I couldn't get close to her to hold her, and play with her like I had before. I just simply did this - I watched her.

I distanced myself from the beautiful moment they shared and took a second to myself. I was back to staring at the dark cherry oak wood of the window somehow finding a sudden interest in it. Was it because I was dying? Obviously when you're close to your death, a lot of things in life become interest. Everything gains the beauty you never saw before and it hurt, it hurt to know I didn't have enough time to appreciate the littlest things I went through and saw.

"Cami

"Cami..?"

"Cams?"

I froze. I looked to my right and I gasped, "Sean?" it was my brother. He was by the couch. He had a beer in hand. He was here.

"Wh-What are you doing here?" I stuttered.

"What do you think?", he smirked, "I'm here to see the new place. Meet Klaus, you know... That typical brother stuff.."

I smiled softly, "You did, huh?"

He nodded his head. Was I asleep? "Have you spoken to him? What do you think?" I swung my legs- woah. I could do it without hurting me. It felt good, it felt like I was back to normal.

"Well, for starters? He's kind of cocky," I chuckled, "And he's a little bit of a psycopath. But he loves you, you can tell. He's got nice hair too."

I watched my brother swing around his beer. If Rebekah saw that? She'd rip his throat out. Even I felt inclined to stop my brother, but I didn't.

"Yeah, that's Klaus." I smiled to myself.

"Are you happy?" Sean asked.

His question shook me deep in my core. I looked up at him and I nodded my head, "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be? For once I'm living a life where I can be happy - where I'm strong, and independent, you know?"

He nodded, "Of course. That's all we've ever wanted for you, Cams. I just hope you know that what's perfect doesn't last forever, so don't get your heart so caught up."

I felt my heart sink, was it true?

"I know Sean. But, it's different. I was given the chance of forever. I have a family. You know after our uncle died, and you... died.. I've been left with no one except Marcel, Davina, Klaus and the rest of the Mikaelsons. They're my family now."

"I know this isn't what you want, Cami." he insisted.

"Well of course it is, Sean. I love Klaus, I love Hope, I am happy- yeah, it's not easy. But I'll pull through... If I'm allowed.."

"I'd only hope so, sis. You're running out of time."

"Camille?"

"Camille?"

"Camille, can you hear me?"

Sean began to fade. His smile faded too and it became a stern expression, "No, Sean. Tell me - why am I out of time? Sean, no-" when I opened my eyes I saw Klaus.

He was looking down at me with the same stern expression on his face completely covered with worry, "What's the matter, love? What happened?"

He took a seat next to me. His warm palms hovered over my hand and I jumped, "Klaus..." I looked at him, "Sean.. I saw him." I whispered.

Klaus' eyes fell sad. I felt his fingers lace with mine before he brought it to his lips, "Love, you know that's not reality. Your brother is long gone. It must be the bite."

I fell silent. I glanced back at the couch where Sean was standing by, "He said I don't have much time," I looked back at Klaus, "I don't have much time, do I?"

Klaus hesitated, but quickly moved so that our faces were mere inches from each other, "You have forever - that forever will last with me. You're scared, Camille, but I promise you have no reason to feel so. I am doing everything in my power to help you," his hand reached up to caress my cheek.

It was like the world made sense again. I shut my eyes the moment his palm cupped my jaw bone and I felt all of my bones relax. My muscles because soft and everything became normal, "Klaus, I'm scared," I opened my eyes to look into his.

His blue eyes were wide with fear too, but still he held me with so much assurance, so much strength, I was almost hopeful, "Don't be, love."

His arms laced around my waist and he pulled me up to his chest. His breathing became my source of comfort. I shut my eyes and I looked at him, "I love you.."

Klaus' eyes fell on mine, "I love you, you know."

Our heads tilted perfectly until our lips fell on each other. We kissed gently, our lips brushed up against one another with love, warmth and passion.

"I know." I whispered against them.