News

I wasn't getting better. I felt it. Whatever Freya had given me wasn't working. My body was burning, I was in a pool of my own sweat and to move and even talk? That was a whole other kind of strength which was slowly and sadly being taken from me.

Klaus hadn't returned, nor Rebekah. Elijah was home with Hayley and Hope and they too were trying to figure something out. I was sitting on the couch watching as little Hope walked from side to side playing with her toys, sometimes asking me to play with her, "Hayley..." I grunted trying to grab the little ball but I was too weak.

Hayley would have to come and help me. Little Hope was innocent, and good. As long as we were playing with her? That beautiful smile would never leave her face. I loved it - pretty much the only thing that shed light in my life. I kept dreaming about Sean, I kept hearing those terrifying words and I was sure he was right. He had to be.

"Nothing. These fucking witches aren't going to move a finger," Marcel stormed in and he glanced at me, "How's she holding up?" he asked, his dark eyes not moving.

"Marcel, I can speak," I smiled a bit but stopped when a wave of pain shot up my leg.  I winced, it was burning up every cell in my body, I was slowly dying.

"You shouldn't," Marcel insisted, "You need to rest - stop fighting, Cami. Let us do that."

Elijah stood up and he gracefully waltzed to Marcel, I couldn't really hear them. My heightened senses weren't a thing anymore, now it felt like I was more human than what I had ever been before. Old Cami would have loved this.

"You're sure?" I heard Marcel whisper a little too loudly.

Elijah turned around to look at me, "Why don't we walk upstairs to my office. We will be offered a little room for discussion, and besides, Cami needs her peace."

"What I need is for someone to stop lying to me," I said.

"Cami," Hayley sighed, "We're doing all we can to help you - it's getting tougher, I know. But hang in there, please Cami. Let Klaus and Rebekah come back. I know they're going to have something in which they can help you, okay?" Hayley bent down to brush the wet strands of hair from my forehead, "I'll be here, okay?"

I nodded my head, "Okay." My eyes fell back on little hope. That little girl had all of the most admirable traits; warmth, sensitivity, creativity, strength - she was going to be a perfect little Mikaelson and I'd never be able to see her like that. I'd never be able to wrap her birthday gifts and Christmas gifts.  I'd never look and hope for the chance to be a step-mother.

I was once so fearful of my life as a vampire. So scared of who I'd become because of what I had once witnessed with Klaus but truth was, it wasn't so bad. I was in a house full of people deemed "killers" and I never felt threatened - of course we had some of those downer moments with Klaus, but I felt loved - I had a family.

It hurt because soon I would miss seeing that, I would miss seeing everyone's faces. I'd lose all of those beautiful memories and I'd never be able to get those back. I'd lose everything and everyone forever - I would lose Klaus forever.

I wouldn't be able to hear his hot accent anymore, I couldn't see his charming hard face. I would miss his blue eyes, the smile on his face when he played with his little girl Hope. I would miss him. When there wasn't Sean, or my uncle? He was there - he was the only man I had left and the only person who he held most value for, and I was taking myself away from him.

Freya was right, all of this would do one thing; it would turn Klaus to shreds, because I had been weak, stupid and because of Lucien? I was now dying. This was going to be my punishment. Why don't I just listen? Why am I so stubborn?