The Invitation

Dedicated to mothertrump

---

Ivanka Trump. Third office to the right, probably the best detective in the company. She was an implausible sleuth, one who originated from a high rise life.

Long gone were the days of fashion lines and modelling. Her company? Dead. But Ivanka didn't care, no. She got her real experience from detective work, and how exciting that could be.

She loved the feeling of adrenaline coursing through her veins, of her heart beating so fast it felt like it was going to jump off her chest any moment, the feeling she got everytime she found a key or a clue or-

"Hey, baby?" A voice interrupted her thoughts at the same time a head stuck into her doorway. Ivanka swiveled on her chair.

Arghh. It was Jim, the terrible co worker. He had his office right next to her and always made sure she did not forget it. 

Ivanka was pretty sure he was a tech, but so far all he seemed to do was hit on her.

I got enough of that from my dad, thank you.

"Yeah, it's Ivanka, Jim. What's up?" She said, wanting to get back to typing her report. She had just started working on it, but it was not her fault that her intern had decided to put the case files under a huge mound of papers she had specifically put aside to throw out. To be completely fair, it wasn't easy to diferentiate that mound from the open cases mound, or from the printed fanfiction mound, or from any of the other huge piles of paper cluttering her office. Ivanka barely had desk space for her laptop, but hey, the life of the top detective was bound to be a messy one.

"Some mail for you, I think." Jim handed her a porcelain white envelope, professional calligraphy decorating the delicate paper.

"Oh. thanks, Jim." Ivanka took the envelope and shut the door, before any more smarmy comments came in.

She took a sip of her four-shot coffee, staring at writing in the envelope.

To my darling Ivy,
Detective Agency 101
Office #3

Ivanka's eyes widened in surprise. Only one woman dared to call her "darling Ivy", and it certainly wasn't her mother.

Melania?!

Ivanka tried to calm herself down. It could just be some elaborate prank Jim had devised to seduce her.

She opened up the crease of the envelope and a scent hit her.

Metallic...

Ivanka pulled out a gold leaf invite, a smell she was able to recognize since childhood.

She had memories of her and her sibling recieving their school lunches wrapped in gold leaf, Trump signing things in gold leaf.

She shivered. It really is from them...

You are cordially invited to the annual Trump Party, held since 2017 at the Trump Castle. The celebration will begin at 11 p.m. and will include dinner. 

Donald Trump's Ashes' showing will be the main event, following the tradition commenced two years ago. Formal dress will be required. Please B.Y.O.B.

RSVP by Saturday.

Ivanka felt a weird mix of revulsion and familiarity. She had given up luxury for a good reason, but on the other hand, this was her family, asking her to attend the party and to meet her again. Her brothers and sisters, little Barron! She hadn't seen them in quite a while. Going through Melania would be worth reuniting with them.

Sighing, Ivanka decided to RSVP. It would be nice to see her family, she decided.