Chapter One

I was an almost a normal child, with an almost normal family, living in an almost normal home. The only difference between us and most people was that we were shifters. We had many acres to gallop and graze.

When I was just a foal, maybe around the age of 4? Me and my big brother of 5 years were out exploring the territory. Our parents back at the house cleaning and finishing supper. We wandered to far and ended up off of our territory and onto the Kings land. 

The first thing we heard on are exploration was the beating of hooves. We however thought it was our parents at first, but were badly mistaken. The Kings men were on horse back coming our way. Us being small foals still didnt last a chance trying to outrun the full grown horses. Brother being slightly bigger than me bit and kicked at the others and in return two ropes we thrown about his neck. He squealed loudly and reared up. He mentally told me to run and I did what any normal horse would do. I whirled and began to flee from the scene.

The pounding of hooves against the ground followed me and soon I too was captured with the uncomfortable ropes. I violently threw my head. I could understand why the King would want us. Our family all looked like Shire Appy Crosses. Strong yet quick on our feet.

Terrifed I panicked and jerked tightly against the bonds.

The quite larger horses had no trouble with their masters pulling both me and my brother along. I fought every step of the way. Not willing to give up with out a fight. Brother, however, was walking quietly with them. 

His sudden movement spooked the horses around us as well as myself. as brother thrust forward the kings men quickly became off guard and lost their hold. I continued to fight trying to distract them so brother could run. It wasnt long before he darted through the thick underbrush of the woods. He knew exactly where to head.

As I watched my brothers retreating figure, I thought about when I would see my parents and my brother again. 

What I hadnt known at the time is how long it would be till I actually saw them....

*********************************************

Okay yes I know it was short and probably not that good. But im working on the next part I hope its better sooo please comment ;)