Chapter 23

When morning came, the groups starting tracking down Ryokuryuu. The place Kija had sensed was much further than they had imagined. For days they had walked while they rested, and rested while they walked. And then, finally...

"Wow! It's a port city!" Yona beamed, looking at the scenery in front of her. "Hey Hak! Is that the sea? It's so pretty! It's my first time seeing it."

"Me too." Yun mumbled.

"Me three." Kija gaped.

"...four." Shin-Ah whispered.

(Note: Yona named Seiryuu Shin-Ah, but I'm sure you all know that by now~!)

"Awa Port of the Earth Tribe. Never thought I'd come here again." Hak commented.

"We've come a long way." Fubuki breathed in the salty air.

"Have you two been here?" Yun asked.

"Gramps brought me here a long time ago." Hak answered.

"I was here not too long ago for some business related things." Fubuki responded.

"Kija, does it feel like Ryokuryuu is here?" Yona questioned, looking over to the White Dragon.

"Well, I can sense him but..." Kija started, "Ryokuryuu's presence keeps shifting everywhere." Slightly swaying on his feet, his clenched his fist in frustration. "I feel dizzy just following it."

"So the power of the dragon's isn't omnipotent." Yun muttered, deep in thought. "Maybe their powers plummet when they go over their limit. Now I want to experiment..."

Shin-Ah and Kija felt an ominous presence behind them, their spines shivering at their malicious intentions.

"But while I want to search for Ryokuryuu, we need to rest from our journey." Yun continued, "I want to stock up on supplies and food while we're here."

"Okay, let's go to the port!" Yona bounced around excitedly. Kija and Shin-Ah looked just as excited in their own way.

"No! You guys can't come along!" Yun shouted in good intention. Shin-Ah sat in a corner, a gloomy aura surrounding him. Kija patted him on the shoulder for comfort.

"Then I'll go." Hak suggested.

"Same here." Fubuki added. "I know where we can get some food and a variety of supplies."

"I want to look around for weapons anyway." Hak explained. "I kind of remember my way around town."

"Hak." Yona said, waltzing up to her bodyguard. "I want to go too."

"...Princess. You have gotten awfully ugly lately." Hak blatantly stated.

"OH?!" Yona bleated in irritation.

"How dare you say that!" Kija growled. "The princess is b-b-beautiful..."

"Should I replace some of our bedding?" Fubuki thought, thinking about Yona's well-being.

"You have dark circles under your eyes and your hands are hurt." Hak patted Yona on the head. "You've worked too hard. Relax a bit."

"...I have no idea what you are talking about..." Yona pouted.

It hurts that Hak always manages to see through everything.

"Be careful while you guys are out there." Yun warned. "There might be people who still recognise you two, don't do anything to stir up trouble."

"We'll be fine." Fubuki smile reassuringly. "You're the ones who need to lie low."

"Oh, this will stand out so hold on to it for me." Hak said, passing his spear to Yun. Yun, not being physically stronger than the average human, nearly dropped the monstrous weapon.