Chapter 16

One hour later...

An arrow flew through the air, clumsily changing its trajectory as it reached its turning point. It fell from the sky and landed pitifully onto the ground. The bird will live another day.

"Hak, I can't hit one." Yona pouted, still holding her bow, "What can I do?"

"Hm?"

Hak took the bow and arrow, and instantly, hit the target. The bird did not live another day.

"Like this." Hak pointed out, as the bird fell dead to the ground.

"How did you do that?" Yona asked.

"I aimed."

"I don't get it."

"Geniuses don't understand the feelings of those who aren't able to do something." Fubuki giggled, as she made her way over to her friends. "Hak you can't be a mentor."

"What?" Hak grunted, turning his attention to Fubuki.

"Okay, so a bow and arrow aren't my strong points, but I can give you some tips." Fubuki said, taking the weapon from Hak's hands. "Are you ready? So basically, you don't have enough strength." Helping Yona with her form, Fubuki shadowed the correct stance. "Draw the bow without shaking and put all your strength into it. Then, shoot on instinct."

The arrow whizzed upwards, taking down another bird. Maybe the bird's cousin?

"A true bow and arrow expert can shoot their target even with their eyes closed. It's so they won't be distracted by what their eyes see." Hak added, as he walked away to pick up dinner. "Anyway, think about aiming the arrow straight."

"It's true Yona. So just practise until then." Fubuki reassured her, patting Yona on the head.

The next day...

"Now then, show your mentor how much you have improved." Hak ordered.

"Good luck, Yona!" Fubuki cheered, "I'll continue forward with Yun. Let's meet up later, okay!"

Leaving Hak and Yona some alone time, Fubuki jogged through the forest to catch up with Yun. Swinging up onto tree branches, Fubuki began leaping from tree to tree, like the gentle summer breeze that flowed through.

"I made it!" Fubuki grinned, as she dropped down in front of Yun.

"Gah! What are you trying to do?! Scare me to death??" Yun gasped, trying to catch his breath.

"Well someone's got to protect you, while Hak looks over Yona." Fubuki winked and began began walking in front of Yun.

"Wait, what are you trying to-"

"Shh." Fubuki hissed, throwing her arm to the side to stop Yun from moving. "Something. No. Someone is watching us."

Before anyone noticed, the forest was shrouded with mist, making it increasingly more difficult to see. Fubuki reached into her sash and pulled out a few daggers. Throwing them into the air, a few thuds on trees were heard.

"L-leave! Leave!" Fubuki and Yun tried to identify the source of the voices.

"Leave this land immediately!"

"There's quite the crowd of people surrounding us," Fubuki noted, her eyes squinting into the distance. "They're all carrying weapons."

Jumping into air and almost blending in with the mist, Fubuki left Yun on the ground. Yun stood by himself, silently freaking out.

Did she seriously just leave me alone?

Only a second later, Fubuki dropped back down with a body in hand.