Awaken

Miss Weathers crouched down beside me to examine Graves as he laid motionless in my lap. The invincible vampire I'd once hated dangled at the edge of death with uncommon warmth radiating from his skin, his usual ice cube shell boiling passed what his kind would deem fatal. A Deep gash painted his chest, starting from his left hip bone up to his neck and my hands holding his body to me were soaked in the blood and flesh sticking to his shirt and decorating the grass.  His chest was mutilated but it looked like a lightning bolt tattooed across his upper body. His heart had literally thawed for me, and now that heat would kill him; this could be the last time I hold him.

When I made the choice to feed from him, I chose not to live without him and now there was the chance he would die. The hunger inside of me cried out. Our mate was dying, but I just sat there, bawling my eyes out while I waited for Miss Weathers to do something, but she just met my blurry gaze. "We can still save him, but I can do nothing. It is you who must do it. You are his mate, and lover. You only can save him."

"What must I do?" I demanded. I would do anything that could to save his life in a heart beat because mine would only beat for him now. I could see now the blood bond we shared before was merely adding to the attraction we already felt. Those were our feelings, not just the bond and I only hoped it was not too late.

Miss Weathers held my gaze, igniting my curiosity for this woman's past, this immortals soul. Something made Quinn fear her, and one day I would find out why but that quest was for another day. For now, I would save my love.

"What must I do?" I Persisted, panic was beginning to slip into my head. Scared thoughts of Graves never waking up, never opening those dark amazing eyes again filled my head.

Instead of answering, she leaned closer, placing the tip of her dainty fingers along my neck and smiled faintly. Her grip on my neck tightened before I realized it was not a comforting gesture, but a threatening one, and Her nails pricked my skin. Warm blood dripped down my neck, and my newly formed senses smelled the blood instantly. It hit Graves just as fast and his body immediately twitched at the smell. I gasped and my eyes widened at Miss Weathers in hope.

"He needs to feed," she whispered softly to me.

My fear of being bit rose to the surface again, but I pushed passed it and held on to the memories of Graves smile, his eyes staring at me as if he saw into my soul, and into my heart. His grin when he first wanted to bite me, the way his fangs exposed well beneath his smile. His eyes that darkened in hunger, That was the thought I held onto as I positioned Graves body farther up,and pushed his head against the crook of my neck by the droplets of blood.

Doubt nudged at the back of my mind. What if this didn't work and He was gone forever?

Graves body instantly came alive The moment the blood droplets touched his lips. His arms flew out around my body and reversed us to where it was I sitting in his lap pressed against his chest. His tongue darted out and tasted the blood on his lip, then on my skin. He shoved his face deeper against my neck and his mouth quickly opened. He traced his fangs along the cut,and before my panic could stop him he sank his fangs into my skin.

When his fangs slid in, it was like little pocket knives stabbed into my neck, The pain was immediate, and my blood poured into his mouth like a river. Graves gulped it down greedily... And that is when the pain began to diminish... To be replaced but complete pleasure. When he drank in my blood, and it slide down his throat, it spread warmth through out my body, and our hormone exploded. My body burned with with need. Graves felt my need, and wanted the same thing.

He slid his hands up and down my body before positioning one hand my ass and twisting my body to straddle him. He rocked against me and I gasped. I dug my hands into his hair and press his head harder against my neck, making his fangs go deeper into me. A moan of pleasure escaped passed my lips, and Graves growled against me in approval. My hunger surfaced immediately as Graves emotions began to flood into my mind. He wanted me, All of me. He wanted to ravenous me and eat me all up.