⇝|35|

❁luna

"cam, where are we going?" alexis whines from the back seat.

"yeah, cam, where are we going?" i look at him, narrowing my eyes.

"don't worry about it.." he brushes off the question, angering me even more.

soon, he pulls up in front of a house, stopping the car.

"alright, alexis and alec, look at me." he takes off his seatbelt and turns around, grasping their attention quickly.

"can i trust you to stay in this car alone?"

"ye-"

"what's in it for us?" alec suggests, cutting alexis off.

he sighs with frustration, "money. i'll give you 20 dollars each."

"60 dollars."

"40 dollars and i won't tell my mom about who's really stealing her fitness magazines for you-know-what."

alec rolls his eyes, "fine. we'll stay here."

"just hurry back, cam'. i wanna go home and eat cookies." alexis rubs her eyes, making me smile a little.

"don't leave this car under any circumstances. i'll be back soon. c'mon." he nods his head at me as he gets out of the car.

"for what?" i ask once he opens my door for me.

"just get out of the car, lu'." he speaks with agitation, making me glare at him.

"don't talk to me like that, especially when you're asking me to do something."

"i'm sorry, i'm just in a hurry." he helps me out of the car before locking it shut,  walking me up to the front door.

"what's going on?" i cross my arms, just as the door opens.

"hey, come in!" some guy greets us, allowing us into the crowded house.

it reeks of booze, weed and sweat.

i hate parties.

and i'd like to know why i've been dragged to this one.

"where's justin?" cameron asks the random guy.

"in the back." after he walks off, cameron pulls my hand to follow him through everybody, all the way to a dark hallway.

i yank from his grip, causing him to turn around with confusion.

"i swear, if you don't tell me what's going on right n-"

"luna, i don't have the fucking time for this! i will tell you after, this'll only take a second!" he whispers, realizing he's not allowed to yell at me as he knocks on the door we've stopped in front of.

"can you just..be chill for a minute?"

i roll my eyes, calming down a little as the door swings open, revealing justin.

"what's luna doing here?" justin asks as we walk past him, closing the door behind us.

"hmm, i'd like to know too, what am i doing here?"

"lookout."

"sorry, what?"

"we're pulling a prank and getting paid for it. we're gonna steal the beer from this party and take it to josh's party, because he's a dick with lots of cash promised for us."

i scoff, "you can't be serious. no, i know that you did not bring me here to help you guys steal someone's beer because the cameron that i know also knows that i don't like parties or the sick pranks that you pull on people."

"luna, all you're doing is looking out for a few minutes."

"hell fucking no."

"alright, what if we cut you in some of the profits?" justin suggests.

"you mean you weren't gonna pay me even if i did say yes?"

he shrugs and i sigh, "how much?"

"she gets a third. if she fucking participates." cameron emphasizes, making me so angry.

"you'll get $2,000."

i almost choke, "he's paying you 8 grand to move beer? i swear, rich kids are the dumbest ones." i scoff a laugh to myself.

"so you'll do it?"

"whatever, just hurry up."

"so, if anyone asks, your friends are getting laid in this room and we'll knock as soon as we're done getting these through the window."

"and what if they notice 'my friends' are the world's most quiet fuckers?"

"hello? porn." he says, making me laugh, but one glance at cameron is enough to disgust me and piss me off again.

i walk towards the door, closing it behind me as i 'lookout' for these two idiots.

i'd like to say i can't believe he'd do this, but i'd be lying if i did.

i'd like to think my life would be a lot less crazy without his bullshit, but i'd be lying about wanting nothing to do with him.

i knew from the start that he was bad news.

playing girls, going back and forth with trinity, pranking everyone with justin.

i knew i didn't want to get involved with him.

i didn't know it'd happen, though.

if it wasn't already clear, i'm having second thoughts about being with him.

he's like two different people and it's annoying.

why can't he just be sweet and caring like he is when he's with me?

he does all this to uphold his reputation as 'malibu's bad boy'.

he's stupid.

suddenly, someone walks past me with confusion written all over their face.

"my friends are fucking in this room."

"and you're listening?" he asks, referring to the pornographic moans.

"go away." i narrow my eyes, shooing them off in the other direction.

i sigh, unable to believe this sums up my night.

****

unsure of when i'll update again but sorry for the wait.