⇒ PROLOGUE

WILMA BARTON WAS many things — a loving daughter, a caring sister, a kind soul, perhaps a bit of a clumsy dork and definitely a nerd when it came to movies or space or dogs. Most recently, she was a stranger, considered hostile, a threat, and being labeled as such certainly didn't bring her any friendly stares or warm welcomes as she drove her old, classic Corvette over the border of Storybrooke, where she intended to have her fresh start.

Indeed, when the woman stepped out of the red car she parked by the road and took off her sunglasses, she found many gazes directed at her, which was partly why she was a bit hesitant about approaching anyone but she found the inner strength to do so anyway. With one earphone hanging on the collar of her shirt and another blasting music into her ear, Wilma walked over to the first man she could spot — and also resisted the temptation to pet the stranger's dog — and asked if there was anywhere she could spend the night in, and she was guided to a place called Granny's, causing the woman to thank him with a smile. But she couldn't help but think that people were a bit shocked to see her coming to town, and staying.

This suspicion was confirmed when she made her way to Granny's with her single bag, and asked for a room, only to be questioned.

"You don't have a lot of visitors, do you?", Wilma chuckled after the old woman in charge of the place asked if she was truly staying. Nonetheless, the woman Wilma expected to be Granny herself proceeded to look for a key from within dust, a lot of dust, to give the new girl. The brunette followed with interest, unable to stop herself from wondering what it was about her that caused people to stare at her with shock and wonder, maybe even a bit of intimidation.

"Not really", a girl leaning on the desk pointed out, one that apparently worked at the place. "What are you listening to?", she then asked, her ruby red lips parting as she leaned closer in interest, and her piercing eyes flickering over the earphones still plugged into Wilhelmina's phone, which Granny deemed inappropriate with one simple glare, but when she didn't say anything, Wilma took the opportunity to reply.

"Queen", was the simple answer, "Uh, A Kind Of Magic", Wilma smiled and the woman nodded with her lips curved upwards into a friendly smile Wilhelmina gladly returned. Of all the people she had come across, this woman, whose name was apparently Ruby — at least if the name tag on her shirt was to be trusted — seemed to be reacting to Wilma's clearly unexpected arrival in the most normal way, and for that, the young woman made a silent promise to befriend Ruby later.

"Thanks", Wilma then directed her smile towards Granny, who was offering the woman a key, and once she was told to enjoy her stay, she headed upstairs to her new temporary place. Truthfully, she wasn't sure just how temporary it was, but she hadn't packed much stuff with her as she left her former home, merely some clothes and essentials such as those earphones she couldn't get enough of. But even if she had a lack of belongings and intentions, other than the desire to explore Storybrooke and make friends, Wilma had nowhere else to go. For the first time in her life, she had nothing to do, nowhere to be, no one to look after. It felt odd, but at the same time, relieving. Because perhaps, right now, she didn't have a job or a family or anything to do, but perhaps that was just it. Just what she needed.

Smiling to herself, because of the feeling of freedom deep within her, Wilma unlocked the door of her room and stepped in before dropping her bag on the floor. With a happy sigh slipping from between her lips, Wilhelmina looked around the place she was proud to call hers, and after kicking her bag aside to avoid tripping on it — which was quite likely for her, as she was possibly one of the clumsiest people alive — she walked over to the window and observed the surroundings on the other side of the glass. She wasn't quite sure what kind of a town she had driven her Chevrolet into, but as she looked at the beautiful buildings outside and the different people walking around, she had a good feeling about whatever would await in the future.

Wilma had a good feeling about Storybrooke.

»»»

ahhhh i am sO EXCITED to share this book with you guys omg,, hope you'll like it as much as i do xx