Chapter 2

Jim pulled up alongside the driveway and put the car in park. I glanced back over at the clock in the dash it was almost nine. Normally I didn't get tired until much later but I think with the long drive hours, and bad radio songs I had to endure it wiped me out. All I wanted to do was get inside and crash somewhere.

 I opened the car door and held my legs outside and gave them a much-needed stretch.  I stood up and twisted my back from side to side till I heard some good stretch pops and then released. Jim came around from the other side to greet me with my wheeled suite case, he was so excited he had that kid in a candy store look plastered all over his face.  I cringed,  knowing he probably wanted to give me the grand tour of the house.

 I turned to try to talk to him,  but it was too late he was already halfway up the driveway practically skipping along towards the front door. I then let out a short groan grabbed my suite case's handle and rolled it behind me. By the time I reached the front door it was already wide open with the glow of a lamp, that was sitting on a black mirror topped end table to the left of the front door as I entered the living room.

  I could hear Jim in the bedroom straight ahead rustling through the small box that he had brought in. I wheeled my suite case around to the other side of the front door and parked it in the corner. The living room was still spacious even though most of our furniture had already been moved in the day before. I walked over to our brown cloth couch that was placed on the other side of the end table and sat down. 

The coziness of the couch helped to make me feel at home in this new place. I leaned my head up against the back of the cushions and closed my eyes. As I lay there in the stillness of the room I heard the slightest whisper of my name.

 I opened my eyes and scanned around the room but saw no one, but stranger still was the temperature in the room began dropping at an alarming rate, my body became increasingly colder, I began to shiver. I could now see the very breath my lungs were exhaling. 

My heart rate was increasing. I was racked with fear and panic all over, not because I didn't know what was going on but because I knew it all too well, another vision was coming and I could do nothing to stop it.

 I gripped the edges of the couch trying to pull myself out of it but it was too late. My sight went blurry just like all the other times before it. When I could finally see again I was now standing outside in broad daylight in the middle of the road looking at a house. It looked brand new with a bright blue shade of paint and gleaming white trimming, with a freshly cut and well-maintained lawn.

 I then started walking towards it, I didn't want to but in my visions, there is always a force making me do things.Throughout the years I have learned to play along, otherwise, I just end up staying in the trances that much longer.

 As I got closer to the house I noticed a newspaper on the front lawn I picked it up to read the date, my visions always take me into the past but I didn't know how far back I was. The date was May 15, 1976. I then read the numbers on the white mailbox placed by the driveway in the grass which was  2665. I then realized this was our house that we have just moved into.

 I walked across the lawn and thought the force was going to lead me inside the house, but instead, we walked to the side of it and entered the backyard through the chain linked metal fence. The backyard was just as nice as the front as the new grass gave gently away from my shoes as I walked. I took a few more steps to the left and back of the house where I saw a small white swing set, where a little girl with blonde straight hair was sitting,  slowly swinging herself.

 She heard me approaching and slowly looked up at me. Her little blue eyes were red and puffy from all the crying she had been doing.  I was made to walk closer to her but when I did she jumped off the swing in complete terror of me and started running towards the back entrance into the house.  I started to run after her but then my eyes started going blurry again and I fell to the ground.