Chapter 1

Okay - I've dedicated this chapter to lovelycruz for the beautiful side cover. Thanks - I recommend her. Enjoy this chapter. Bye!

----------

He stared at the back of the teacher's head. The room was silent besides the clicking of the chalk on the board. He sighed and leaned back into his chair - his eyes focused on the back of his head. The girl to the left of him nudged him. He took a quick glance at her before advancing his eyes back to the teacher's head. The girl, Marie sighed and hissed in the silence "Its going to be obvious if you keep this up." Her voice matched her looks, hoarse and rough. She flicked her hair over her shoulder and rested her chin into her hands.

He scowled at her and sighed again, bending to rest his chin against the desk, his hands resting beside it. His light brown hair covered his sky blue eyes, causing him to blink and lose concentration. He flicked it out of his eyes with his fingers before glancing around the classroom. They all looked bored, but why? Science was fun - especially with Mr. Roland. His eyes flashed back to the front of the room, Mr. Roland stood there, one had on his hip and the other holding a book up. His glasses had slipped down part-way down his nose. Some of the girl's were drooling at the good, still youthful looks of this 28 year old science teacher.

Of course - one other person was drooling secretly, and only one other person knew who it was. Fade. Fade was the secret boy who adored this young-ish teacher. Marie was his best friend who was the only girl who could stand talking to the colourful, 17 year old boy. His real name was Cafad. His parents were old fashioned and from another country to England - he wasn't exactly sure where they came from though. Fade suited him fine, he was always faded out into the background.

Fade had always been a quiet boy, his good-looks never attracted attention as he had grown up with everyone from the neighbourhood. They lived in a small village - Kilsby. Everyone knew everyone and everything that happened. The only thing people didn't know about Fade was that he was how do you say... gay? He liked to engage himself with men rather than women. The only person who know this side of him was Marie. Not even his parents knew.

The school bell rang and the class stood up. Fade shuffled in his seat before Marie stood up, pulling him up with her. "Come on dopey. We have registration then lunch. Unless you want to get in trouble? Then you're parents will wonder why." She chuckled and Fade blinked, sighing. He pushed the chair back, grabbing his bag from the floor. He moved the chair back under the desk and Marie started dragging him out the classroom. "Bye sir!" She called, waving, her grip still on Fade's blouse. She threw him out the door, loosening her grip as they began walking. Finally she let go as they entered the registration room.

Their homeroom teacher sat, scowling at her desk the grey hairs on her head covering her wrinkled forehead. They advanced to their seats as the bell rang telling everyone that they had to be in their homerooms now or they would get a detention. Man - they were lucky. Fade yawned and got shoved by Marie, her wild red locks tossed over her head to get out of her eyes. A few strands sat in ringlets while others were frizzy curls. Her blue eyes pierced into Fade's skull, making him shiver.

"What?" He whispered, nervously.

"Don't what me - dopey. Seriously, you nearly got caught again." She hissed in a whisper to the rest of the class didn't hear as they spent the rest of registration chattering. Fade's face dipped into a frown.