Rosie's house

(Before we start this chapter, I would like to apologize for the time difference between this one and the previous one)

Alex had a very hard time keeping up with Balto as they ran through the towns streets, his movements were fully motivated by fear and anxiety. Alex felt somewhat the same but he knew how much Rosie meant to him. When the two reached Rosie's parents, the main window was closed with heavy crimson blinds but, Alex could hear voices coming from inside the house. Balto tryed the door to see if they would open it, to no avail. Balto turned to Alex, eyes crazy yells "I need to know if she is OK!"
Alex then throws snow onto Balto's face and replies "I want to know as well, I just need you to breathe right now. Does that sound good?"
Balto immediately calms down and then closes his eyes and breathes heavily. Alex then smiles and says "well done, stay here until you feel ok. I'm going to look around the house and see if we can get inside." Balto just nods as Alex starts his walk around the house. When Alex reached the back he noticed two things, some of the foundation has some water damage and there was an window that was partly open. Alex yelled for Balto to help him in the back of the house. When Balto made his way to the back of the house, his eyes seemed to be filled with guilt.
"Hey, glad you decided to come" Alex says as he tries to move a box under the window. Alex grunts "Hey ummm, can you help me move this?" Balto comes over to Alex's side of the box and easily moves the box into the position. "Wait!" Balto says as Alex is just about to jump onto the box, "Im... sorry about how I acted out front, I was getting flashbacks to the first time this happened. Rosie was one of main reasons I went on that run. And I never want to feel that vulnerable ever again." Alex responds "I can understand how you felt but, you can't have your emotions affect your judgement. "Come on" Alex motioned towards the window "let's see if she is ok."
As the two made their way through the window Alex could smell what he imagined to be chicken noodle soup. "I believe that Rosie's room is on the first floor just past the hallway to the living room" Balto whispers. Alex and Balto almost make it to Rosie's room but are stopped in their tracks when they overhear the conversation in the living room. "There isn't much I can do for him miss" a man said "then, what should I do?" Rosie's mom said in a resentful tone. 
"I recommend to limit your contact with him when ever you are able to. Also keep the child as far away from human contact when you can, you know what this virus can do to children." Alex whispers "see? She is fine, lets get out of here." "No! I need to see for myself" Balto snaps back. He then slowly inched his way to Rosie's room and went inside, as the door was already cracked open. After a few moments  Alex could hear the doctor and the wife go upstairs. A few more moments passed and Alex began to get nervous. Just before he was going to go into the room to see what was going on, Balto came out with an smile on his face. "Is she ok?" Alex asked, "she is just fine, just sleeping" Balto says happily.
"Good! Now let's get out of here and figure out what is next." Alex says as he starts to backtrack to the window. Balto takes one last look at Rosie's door and whispers "stay safe kid."