The Town

Alex was interested in finding out what the town was like from his new perspective, so he agreed. Jenny decided she would stay at the boat until Boris came back.
Alex nor Balto spoke much during the walk to town. This gave Alex some needed time to think. 'So far, so good for being put into a wolf's body without any consent. What do I look like anyway?' Alex thought 'compared to Balto, I seem to be about the same height as him, so that's a good start. But, I barely have any clue what I look like, other than I know my "paws" are a lightish gray.' "Hey" Balto said as he nudged Alex's side "We're here." Just before they entered the town Alex hesitates, "what's wrong Alex?" Balto asked. Alex responded "Don't you think the towns people might freak out if they see a wolf walking into town?" Balto grins and reply's "As long as you stick close to me, you're be just fine." Alex similes nervously and shakes his head yes. As they entered the town Alex could sense something was off. While he couldn't see any real danger, he could smell something that could only be described as fear. There was barely anyone in the streets and if their was, they were running into the town's center where there was a large mass of people standing around a man in what seemed to be wearing a white coat. "Come on! Let's find out what's going on!" Balto exclaims as he races ahead of Alex, who stays back for a moment to look at his reflection in the window of a closed store. From what he could see, Alex could tell he was a lighter gray an Balto and had darker gray splotches on both legs, he also had light green eyes. Loud talking from the crowd broke Alex away from the trance and preceded to catch up with Balto at the edge of the crowd.