"Dad!" Josh called as he turned the corner. Hanna slipped between his legs, but he hardly noticed.

"Son," Peter sighed. "We're in the middle a—"

"Alpha," Josh growled. "There's a problem."

Everything came to a standstill with his words, but the little toddler had wondered out into the living room. Peter and Josh began to discuss the rogue, and chatter arose among the pack. With a glance his way, I followed the little one into the living room only to find it empty the front door ajar. Panic shot through me and I threw open the door. What I saw on the other side was the last thing I expected.

Hanna ran around the yard, squealing as a boy about her age chased her, giggling loudly. The boy's dark blond hair blew around, his green eyes sparkling as Hanna fell to the ground. He threw himself down next to her and they rolled in the snow. I stared at them in confusion, but something caught my eye moving in the woods. I squeak escaped my lips as I recognized… eyes.

"Hanna!" I yelled, bolting down towards her. I kept my eyes trained on the spot I had last seen him as I wrapped my arms around Hanna and pulled her up with me. In unison, the two toddlers began screaming, but I was frozen. A man came forward, emerging from the trees. His long, stringy dark hair was pulled back into a ponytail at the back of his head, and his dark coat and pants were smeared with dart and grim. His eyes were dark green, watching me slowly.

"Ryder," he hissed darkly, pulling the boy up roughly by his arm. I tried taking a step back, but his dark gaze held me as the two continued to scream.

"Danny!" I heard behind me, and I was forced backwards by my shoulders. Josh growled next to me, and shifted in the blink of an eye. Another pair of hands wrapped around my arms and Peter pulled me behind him, whispering words I didn't understand. Hanna still screamed, struggling to escape my grasp. Josh's hair stood on the back of his neck and he growled lowly at the man, keeping his distance only because of the child.

"Danny," I heard next to me. I tore my gaze away from him to find Gail beside me, gesturing for her daughter. I nodded numbly, handing the screaming girl over. She started inside just as Peter spoke.

"Who are you?" He asked calmly, though his voice held that power in it. "Why are you here?"

"We're just passing through," the rogue answered, eyeing Josh and pulling the boy closer to him.

Josh took a step nearer, pinning his ears to his head.

"What brings ya here?" Peter asked, his shoulders tensing.

The rogue's eyes flickered up to Alpha and then back to Josh. "My pack," he replied darkly. He closed his eyes briefly, holding the boy tightly. "The alpha killed my mate. I… I couldn't… we couldn't stay."

"Understandable," Peter mumbled, nodding. "And yer just passin' through?"

"Yes," the rogue glanced up. "I mean no harm."

"On yer way then," Peter said, gesturing to the woods behind him.

His jaw dropped, but he stepped back, nodding and mumbling his thanks. He turned and disappeared with the boy, and Josh started after him. "Josh," Peter scolded. Josh stopped, his ears flicking up as he stared at the alpha. Peter stepped to the side, raising an eyebrow. "Your mate?"

Josh shifted, stepping towards me. "What about the rogue, Dad?"

"Cormac! Adam!" Peter yelled, never taking his eyes off his son. The two appeared at the doorway in seconds, eyes wide. Peter nodded after the rogue. "Follow him. Make sure he gets out a our territ'ry without trouble."