I frowned. "I don't know what to wear! My hair is a mess, and I've never been on a date like this before!"

She sighed, flinging her phone onto her bed. "Alright then. First things first; where are you going?"

"I don't really know," I replied. "A restaurant?"

She rolled her eyes and rested against the doorframe. "What kind of restaurant?"

"He didn't tell me," I shrugged.

"Well," she said, slipping past me and heading for my room. "It's better to dress up than down."

"But what if we go somewhere shabby? Like a coffee shop or something?" I asked, following her up the stairs.

She waved her hand in the air. "No. Josh doesn't drink coffee."

"How do you know that?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Uh…" she stuttered. "He told me."

More like turned you down for a date, I thought, but didn't say anything. I sat on my bed as she rummaged through my closet. She pulled something out, studied it and then tossed it aside. She did this rapidly until she gave up and turned to me.

"You have nothing," she scoffed. "How are you even my sister?" she threw her hands up and spun around, leaving the door wide open after she had left. I sighed, running my hands through my hair before falling back onto the bed. I hated to say it, but I couldn't do this without Destiny. She knew about guys, and I… didn't.

"Okay," she said suddenly. "I've got a couple that I think'll look good on you."

I sat up to see Destiny holding three dresses by their hangers. "Personally, I like this one, and I haven't even worn it yet." She held up a short blue dress with ruffles around the chest. It was simple, yet pretty. "Besides, it's more you."

I shrugged. "Okay," I said. "I'll have to wear an undershirt underneath, though."

She tossed it to me. "Go put it on, then."

I caught it and dug in the dresser for a black undershirt before retreating to the bathroom. I put it on and straightened it out. I opened the bathroom door to find my sister standing right outside it. She studied me with a blank face, her arms crossed over her chest. "Nice," she said, smiling. "Now take it off and go shower." She handed me a bundle of garments.

My mouth dropped. "What?" I whined. "But I just…"

"Go," she rolled her eyes. "You wanna look good for… him?"

Something struck me about her sentence, but I sighed in defeat and closed the door. I took off the dress neatly and hung it back on its hanger and put it on the hook on the door. Flinging the shower curtain open, I stepped in.

After I was done and dried off, I bundled my hair in the towel and slipped the dress back on. Stepping out, I found that the other dresses were gone and Destiny held a hair drier in her hand and a curling iron lay on the dresser. A chair was positioned in front of the mirror with her standing behind it. She smiled and gestured to it. "Sit."

"You're going to curl my hair?" I asked, strolling towards her.

"Of course," she said. "It looked really good at the dance, so I figured, why not? Add my own little touch to it."

I shrugged. "Alright."

"This might take a while," she said as I sat down. "Your hair is quite thick. And drying it is always a pain."

"He's picking me up at six," I said, biting my lip.

"I can get it done by then," she said before turning on the drier.

It took about half an hour to dry my hair completely, and as soon as she did, she plucked the curling iron from the dresser. She first ran a brush through my hair before taking a piece by my face and wrapping it around the wand. "How did you and Josh get together anyways?" she asked suddenly.

I shrugged lightly. "I'm not really sure," I replied. "It just happened, I guess."

"Well, you two are all everyone can talk about." She said rather bitterly.

I drew my eyebrows together. "Why?"

"Because," she shrugged. "The new kid and well, the 'mute kid'. You know Sunset."

"Am I really known as the 'mute kid'?" I asked, frowning.

"Well," she said. "Yea. Ever since you quit talking."

I scoffed. "I wonder who started that."

"Who else?" Destiny said.

"Jake," we said at the same time.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "I should've known. Jake always has it out for me."

"Actually," she said. "I think he's kinda got a thing for you."

"What?" I laughed crossly.

She laughed softly. "You know in elementary school? That saying that when a boy was mean to you, that means he likes you?"

I nodded, raising my eyebrow.

"I don't think Jake ever got over that phase."

"You cannot be serious!" I exclaimed.

She giggled. "He likes to keep up that 'bad boy' image, so he can't be caught crushing on a non-pop, you know? That's why he's suck a jerk to you."

"Non-pop?" I asked cautiously.

"You know," she answered. "The non-populars. Geeks. Nerds. Goths."

"Mutes?" I scoffed.

From the mirror, I saw her press her lips together. It was a while before she answered. "Yea."

I shrugged it off; I knew I wasn't popular. It was no new news to me. "Why do you think Jake… likes me?"

"He always brings you up in our conversations," she shook her head. "But I don't think he really knows how to show it. He's never really liked a girl before."

"But what about you?" I furrowed my eyebrows and rolled my lips.

She shrugged. "We're nothing serious," she admitted. "He's probably only dating me to get closer to you."

"I don't understand," I said, sighing and leaning back in the chair. "Why would Jake have a crush on me?"

"You're actually quite pretty, Danny."

I frowned and glanced down at my feet. As long as Josh thinks so, I thought. Then I guess I do too.