I opened my eyes to see him still glaring over my shoulder viciously. If only looks could kill. I glanced back to look at Destiny, and covered my mouth to hold in a scoff. Destiny's lips were pressed into a thin line, her makeup caked eyes were staring harshly in my direction. Her dress was blue, like the color of a small pond on a perfect day. Two pieces of fabric ran vertically down her chest, coming to meet at a silver hoop. It continued to trail down, splitting down her leg. All in all, a lot of skin was shown.

Jake frowned behind my sister, the corner of his mouth picking up as he saw me studying him. I blushed, adverting my eyes downward. He wore a simple black suit with a blue bowtie matching the color of Destiny's. "Eyes off," Josh snarled, tugging on my waist to half-stand in front of me.

Jake chuckled darkly, his smirk widening. However, he didn't get the chance to speak. "Is there something wrong here?" Mr. Louis asked, staring defiantly at the two boys.

Josh's chin rose a little higher in the air, his nostrils flaring out in a warning. Still, he continued to stare down Jake, daring him to do something. Jake laughed once, a short, shadowy laugh. "No, sir," he said, taking Destiny's waist and stepping back. "He's got no chance anyways."

Josh grumbled something under his breath, taking a step forward, but I held him back. "I already beat your…" he paused briefly, "once."

Jake glanced over his shoulder. "Beginner's luck," he replied before disappearing into the hallway.

"Yea right," Josh scoffed. "I could do it again in a second."

Mr. Louis rolled his eyes, straightened his tie, and walked off back to the circle of other teachers. Suddenly, my stomach growled loudly, making my cheeks red with embarrassment. Josh brought his fist up to his mouth and then turned to look at me. "Hungry, are we?" he asked sarcastically.

Red painted my cheeks even more. "Um…" I breathed softly. "I haven't really had anything to eat today…"

His hand dropped along with his jaw. His beautiful eyes widened in shock. "Please tell me yer exaggeratin'."

Don't think about eating anything, you fat, ugly bitch. I flinched again involuntarily. Sighing, I whispered, "No."

He grabbed my wrist gingerly, beginning to drag me towards the side of the room. "You're eating somethin'," he demanded.

Maybe this dieting thing would be a good thing. Maybe I had gained a few pounds. I wrenched my hand out of his, blushing deeply. "Um… I'll be right back, okay? Imma go ta the restroom." I pointed sheepishly, smiling innocently.

He gave me a small smile. "Alright," he replied, turning and making his way through the crowd.

I turned on my heel, letting out a breath I didn't realize I'd been holding. Starving myself may be extreme, but I wasn't really looking for another beating more than what I already deserved. If he found out I'd eaten just a crumb, I'd be lying in a pool of my own blood.

After I'd finished, I walked out of the bathroom that was hidden at the end of a tiny hallway. A tall, slim figure stood in the dark, blocking the way back to the gym. I gasped, jolting back a couple steps, and placed a hand over my heart. "You Josh's girl?" The voice was deep, familiar, but I couldn't place my finger on it.

I backed up to where I was pressed up against the bathroom door. I pushed it open slightly, the thin line of light streaming over the boy's face. He was about six foot tall, his shoulders were small along with the rest of his body, but he still had an air of dominance around him. His stringy black hair hung, brushing his forehead just above his eyebrows. His eyes struck me so much that my heart leapt in my chest. They were a dark, luminescent blue, shining when the light reflected off of them.