His face twisted into that of rage. "What the hell are you doing with that?!" he kicked the phone out of my hands, making me yelp and jump away from him. He lashed out and grabbed my shirt, pulling me close. "You trying to call your pathetic, cheating boyfriend?" he said sarcastically, throwing me on the ground. His fist soon connected with my jaw. I curled up into a ball on the floor, whimpering. He screamed at me, until he suddenly stopped. I opened my eyes to find him staring at my phone, his eyes burning.

"She called you?!" He snarled, throwing my phone against the wall, cracking it in two. "What did she say?" he screamed. "ANSWER ME!" he kicked my side, a cry echoing from my lips.

There was a crack as he stepped on my phone. "I forbid you to call him, talk to him in any way, or see him again. You understand?" I whimpered in reply, nodding.

When he walked out of the room, I relaxed. How was I going to do that? I couldn't avoid him. I had already tried that. Josh had made that impossible. He showed up anywhere I went, whenever Jake or Destiny gave me trouble at school; I'd just have to keep it a secret.

I could do that… maybe.

Or I could just suck it up and disobey him. He'd get angry, but I could take the beating. As long as it meant I could see Josh.

Once the pain subsided, I got up, limping to the bathroom, shivering as I turned on the bath full heat. I stripped myself of the dripping clothes and got in, letting the steaming water run over my freezing body. My fingers tenderly brushed the forming bruise on my cheek, sighing. The dance was tomorrow and I was probably going to use the last of Destiny's old cover-up for school. I couldn't go. I couldn't let anyone see this. No one needed to know.

Once I was finished, I dressed in my pajamas, scooping up the wet clothes in my arms and limping down the stairs. I reached the bottom step, glancing at my father who sat on the couch, staring at the TV aimlessly with a beer in his hands. He glanced up at me, scowling. "Go make dinner. For me and my daughter," He demanded. "Don't think about eating anything, you fat, ugly bitch." I flinched at his insult, nodding and continued towards the laundry room.

I sighed quietly as I stuck the clothes in the washer, running my thumb over Josh's sweatshirt. I wanted to wear it tomorrow, but my father would be pissed if he saw me in it. I groaned, slamming the washer shut and hurriedly putting the soap in and starting it. I heard the door open, and giggles sounded through the house. "Hey, Daddy!" Destiny called.

"Hey, baby," came his ruff reply.

There was shuffling of feet as I got the pot out to start spaghetti. "How are you doing?" she asked. I scoffed quietly. That was probably the first act of compassion I had ever seen from Destiny.

He grunted in reply. "Well, I found out that the little bitch has been talking to your mother on the phone."

"What?!" Destiny shrieked.

"Yes. Do you know anything about a boy with her?" he asked and I bit the inside of my cheek.

"That little slut!" she screamed. "I knew she was messing around with Josh, that bitch." My hands tightened on the box of spaghetti. I was fine with people insulting me; I was used to it, it was normal. But insulting Josh was a different story. He hadn't done anything. He was the sweetest guy I knew. I had half a mind to go in there and punch that pretty little face of hers, but I knew I couldn't. Destiny groaned loudly. "Whatever. I just wanna see her face when he blows her off like the pathetic thing she is. Let's go to my room, Tony." She said and I soon hear their retreating footsteps. I scowled at the boiling water. She's calling me trashy when she's the one bringing the boy home for obvious reasons? What a hypocrite.

I scowled at the boiling water. I hated this family. Just a couple months more and I could get out of here, if he let me. I could go to college, get a job, marry Josh, and—I groaned, rubbing my hands over my face. When did he come into the picture? I mean he would make a great husband and father… but there was no way he was that into me. Besides, how could I marry someone when I could hardly handle someone touching me after what my father had done to me? There was no way I could have kids with someone after what happened. I would be too scared that he would hurt me again, that he would leave me like everyone did. People didn't care about me. It was just a fact. A fact that I couldn't overcome. People didn't like me. I was too scared, too troubled. No one wanted to deal with my problems at home and my troubled past.

Destiny was right. He was probably just playing me, but I didn't care. If he was going to mess around with me and then suddenly break up with me, I didn't care. I loved the way he made me feel, the way he kissed me. I loved the way we teased each other constantly and the way he stood up for me when no one else would, not even myself. And even if he was just playing around with me and just pretended not to care, I could handle it. I would enjoy it while I could. If I was falling for him, then there was no way I could stop myself.

"Is that fucking dinner done yet?!" he roared, making me flinched. Hurriedly, I drained the pasta, scooping a spoonful in a bowl along with some sauce. I grabbed a spoon and rushed to the living room, setting the plate on the coffee table, avoiding eye contact.

He grunted, setting down his beer at the table. "Make sure Destiny gets hers." He growled.

I nodded meekly in reply, retreating into the kitchen to make a plate for Destiny. After I scooped a cup onto the plate, I poured the sauce over it and started towards her room. I knocked on the door, staring at the plate when it opened. "What the hell do you want?!" She screeched. "Can't you see I'm busy!" My eyes widened. I had forgotten about her playboy.

"Destiny?" A husky voice asked from someone deeper into the room.

She glanced over her shoulder, her features softening slightly. "Yea, sweetie, I'll be there in a minute." She said, fixing her bra strap—which was one of the only things besides panties that she was wearing. "Now leave us alone, bitch." She snarled, pushing me backwards into the wall. Sauce splattered over me, making me grind my teeth together. Without thinking, I flung the plate at her.

She gasped as the rest of the food spilled over her face and hair. "Destiny?" That husky voice came again, but a large male figure came up behind her wearing nothing but boxers. The blood drained out of my face as so many scenarios ran through my mind, sending fear through me. I let out a squeak as the plate fell out of my hand.

"You fucking bitch!" She screamed, throwing the food on the ground. I ran before she could do anything else straight up into my room and closed the door, pushing my dresser up against it. Tears squeezed through and ran down my cheeks.

A scream rose in my throat as there came a rasping on the windows. "Sshh! Danny, it's just me!" The figure said through the window in a harsh whisper. "Open the— oof! Nevermind. Got it." He said, opening the window and stepping through. He smiled, but as his eyes landed on me, it disappeared.