He bowed, smirking, taking my hand in his gently, and placing a soft kiss on it. "My lady," he joked, his eyes quickly glancing up at me.

I giggled, but wiped my face clean of emotion. I bit my lip to keep from smiling as I curtsied, pretending I wore a dress. "How nice to meet you."

He stood, still holding my hand, pulling me to him and wrapping his arm around my waist. "You look…" he trailed off, letting words fill my head.

Horrible. Terrible. Disgusting. Ugly. I frowned, glancing down as he pulled me tighter to him.

"Wonderful." He muttered. My thoughts went blank as I tilted my head up to welcome his kiss.

I pulled away, turning from him towards the car. "Where are you taking me, Joshua?" I asked, batting my eye lashes.

A dangerous glint appeared in his eyes. He stepped forward, but I stepped back, shaking my head and smirking at him. He groaned, turning sharply and getting in the driver's side door. "I'm not telling you!"

I laughed, following him. I was glad I had picked something casual, as he wore a black sweatshirt with an old school baseball sweatshirt on with his last name and number, 12, on the back. He also had on blue jeans and black tennis shoes. I buckled myself in, leaning on the spot in the middle. "But Jooossshhh…" I begged, peeking up at him through my lashes.

"Nooo…" he said, smirking down at me. He pulled off the side of the road, driving onto my street and passing my house. I flinched, suddenly remembering last night and the new information. I frowned, pulling my sleeves down past my wrist and wrapping my arms around me.

"Hey," he said, reaching over to rub my arm in attempt to comfort me. "Somethin' wrong?"

I sighed, contemplating with myself. "My, um… last night, when I got home…" I frowned. "I found out my mom left us." I said before I could change my mind. My bottom lip quivered and tears formed in my eyes.

He sucked in a small breath. "What? Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry, Danny." He said, turning down a road that went through the woods.

I shrugged. "It's alright. She wasn't much help anyways. It's hit my father hard, that's all." I slide over towards him, wrapping my fingers around his. "So where are you taking me?"

He shot me a playful glare. "Oh, no, you're not getting' off that easily."

I pouted but laid my head on his shoulder, staring out the front window. The truck bounced over the ruff dirt road, maneuvering them easily. Suddenly he stopped, turning his head to place a kiss on my cheek. "This is where we get out and walk." He said, turning so his body was facing me. I did the same, leaning up as though I was going to kiss him, but at the last second, I pulled away, leaping out of the car.

"Hey!' he protested, frowning. "That wasn't very nice." He stuck out his lower lip, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

I swung my hips side to side, smirking as I caught his attention. "That's what you get for not telling me where we're going on our first date."

"It's a surprise," he sighed, exasperated as he turned to get out of the other side. "And you should really stop that, because I really don't know how long I can control myself with you over there." He said as he rounded the car's hood.

I skipped to him, taking his hand in mine. "What if I'm over here?" I asked, leaning on him while I gazed up.

He turned, taking my waist in his arms. "Then I can't." he replied, leaning down to kiss my lips. He gripped my waist, pushing me towards the hood. I gasped as he lifted me up and set me down on the car, leaning forward to deepen the kiss.

It amazed me how, just a week ago, I was just that girl in the back of the classroom that no one noticed. I had been the girl who hadn't uttered a word since the beginning of high school. I was the nerdy girl who got all A's with the trashy sister. I was the girl who had never been to a party or had a boyfriend.

Now, now I had an amazing boyfriend who I could talk to at any moment of the day. It had all changed because of him—I had changed because of him. But in a good way; a very, very good way. I wrapped my arms around his neck, smiling as I curled my fingers in his hair. A growl wracked his body as his tongue explored my mouth. I pulled away slightly, smiling while still touching our lips. He smiled at the fact that he had left me breathless. "So you can take a little nip, huh?" I asked, my eyes fluttering open to meet his. They grew darker in an instant.

All of a sudden, he pulled away, smirking. "I know I can. Can you?" he asked, helping me down.

I pursed my lips, pretending to think as we started hand in hand down the pathway. "I think so, yes." I smirked, melting into him.

His eyes glinted. "Good." He snapped his teeth together. "Because I can bite."

"Ouch," I replied, "I can't believe I got involved with a bad boy." I joked.

He held his chin up in pride. "I can't believe I got involved with a goody-two shoe." I laughed, pushing him slightly.

"Jerk." I responded, sticking my tongue out at him.

He smirked, shrugging. "We're heeerrreee." He sang, expanding his arm in a gesture towards an open clearing with a blanket spread in the middle in front of a small pond. Ice spotted the top of the water, and it suddenly hit me that it was cold. I shivered, smiling at the scene in front of me.

My first date was a picnic!