"Yes, yes." Brooke pressed another kiss to Michael's cheek, also noticing that things were a bit peculiar between the two. "So, where are we going?"

"You'll see."

"I want to know how the new album is coming along." Brooke smiled at Michael, hoping to pry some information out of him about the anticipated album.

"It's wonderful. I don't think it's the greatest, but I'm pretty much through with it." Michael explained to Brooke, not wanting to reveal anything to her. He felt like he could trust her, but he wasn't allowed to tell anyone about anything. The singer felt just a tiny bit of guilt, telling Ariah each song on the album and letting her name the album itself. However, it was different with Brooke. For some reason, it wasn't as easy to tell Brooke even half the amount of information he shared with Ariah and Michael didn't understand why.

"Well, that's fantastic." Brooke nodded and gave Michael a small smile. "I can't wait to hear it. I know it will be the best."

"I hope so, too. Did you like the new song I did with Paul?"

"Loved it! It was funny, how you guys were talking in the bridge." She commented, letting out soft giggles that made Michael smile. "It was too cute, love."

"Well, thank you. It means so much to me that you loved it."

"Of course."

"You know, you're such a sweetheart." It was Michael's turn to squeeze Brooke's hand this time. He felt the need to pay her compliments to decrease the level of oddness between the two of them.

"Stop it, that's all you."

"Oh, no." Michael chuckled, not believing for a split second that he deserved any kind of compliment, especially from Brooke. He felt she was too good of a woman to pay him a compliment, so he didn't always care to accept them. He didn't think it made sense, but he didn't think a lot of things made sense.

That's what made the singer usually keep to himself. In all reality, he did really enjoy Brooke's company. However, he didn't always think he loved her like he thought he did at one time. It was just weird and he didn't understand it.

"We're here, kids." Joe announced, pulling in front of the exquisite restaurant. The paparazzi was already crowded around outside. "Brace yourselves."

"Joe, we're used to it. Thanks for the ride." Brooke spoke up for the both of them as she opened the door, quickly stepping out of the limousine and waving to the fans.

Before Michael could step out of the limousine, Joe decided to warn Michael. Not that he believed that the singer would treat Brooke any type of way, but he just wanted to send a reminder. "Don't do her wrong, kid."

"I won't." Almost taken back, the superstar nodded in confirmation, eyeing Joe from the backseat. "I can promise you that, Joe." Then, Michael stepped out and caught up with Brooke as they made their way into the restaurant, through the crowd.

The chauffeur nor the singer didn't know it yet, but Joe was giving that warning to the wrong person.

--

HEY! OMG! HI!

I try not to have author's notes, but I just want to say thank you to all of you! You guys are amazing! I didn't think this book would be as successful as it is, but I appreciate every single one of you reading this and leaving comments that never fail to make me smile.

I'd like to give a special thank you to @mjcommunity for nominating this book for the Moonwalker Awards 2017! I appreciate that and I feel honored that you enjoy my work enough to want to nominate it.

Readers, if you love this book enough to nominate my book for the Moonwalker Awards this year, please comment "Sweetheart by @lonelylorelei" on the @mjmoonwalkerawardsaccount account, on their book, under the "Best Thriller Era" category. It would bring joy to me and I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

As always, I hope you enjoyed this update and another update is on the way soon!