Escaping the NSA

The threat of missing superheroes was still at large, making sneaking out much more difficult. With the NSA keeping a close watch on all of the registered supers and not to mention your parents, or aunt, refuse to let you go out into danger. Not that they told anyone about it, but they knew their guardians and they'd opposed to the idea of them leaving to go on some superhero mission. But getting grounded for the rest of your life would be worth it if it would save the lives of not only the people they cared about, but everyone else too.

After hearing the news of the skeleton chip, the four figured they should put matters into their own hands. It might get them into trouble for breaking countless rules, but it had to be done. The only main challenge was escaping the NSA agents who constantly kept watch on them. It didn't take long for the news of the Skeleton Chip to get to the NSA. After all, news like that travelled fast, especially if lives were at stake. Not just supers, but the people a lot of supers protected. It wasn't uncommon for teenagers to sneak out, but those times it was for meeting friends at some hangout or going to a concert. Sneaking out to save the day, wasn't exactly on the list of reasons a teenager snuck out. Not to mention sneaking out to go to another city miles away. But then again, most teenagers weren't supers.

*

Location: Metroville, Parr Residence

"Why can't I come along?" Dash questioned.

"I told you, it doesn't involve you." Violet said, stuffing a few items into her backpack.

"Pretty sure when someone whose bad has access to all the super files it involves me."

"You can cover for me." Violet said.

"Why can't I go on the mission?"

"You're twelve and I'm not putting you at risk again after what happened."

She had been close to losing her brother and the last thing she'd ever do was put him back in that kind of danger. Even if he was capable, she wasn't going to put her brother in danger like she was putting herself in.

Violet took a deep breath before looking back up at Dash. "If I don't come back in a few days, you have my full permission to come after me and save the day." she smiled.

"What about mum and dad?"

"I'm sneaking off to Todayland without their permission." Violet laughed. "I think that gives you a pass."

"What happened to my shy big sister who was afraid to use her powers?"

"She grew up."

Violet and Dash hugged each other, but quickly ended the sappy moment. They were brother and sister after all. They were suppose to be arguing and bickering with each other. But of course, sharing the same blood and living together for practically their whole lives did guarantee some heartfelt bonding moments. But not often.

"I'll keep the guards busy, while you sneak out. At least give me that." Dash offered.

"You really want to partake in this don't you?" Violet shook her head, looking up.

"Anything to contribute in saving the world." Violet gave him a smile, silently giving him permission to do so. Besides, the NSA probably had a way of detecting her when she was invisible. Didn't want to risk getting caught before she left house.

At that Dash sped off, alerting the attention of the guards watching them and while everyone in the whole house and those patrolling were distracted with the speeding pre-teen, a dark-haired super with the power of invisibility snuck out the back and headed to the train station. She owed Dash one. But hopefully she wouldn't have to repay the favour too soon or worse, repay it with something humiliating or troublesome.