The Risks We Take

Maybe it wasn't wise to suddenly leave her friends. She of all people knew to stick together in times of crisis, but she also had a younger brother to look out for. While Dash may have been a nuisance, they were still family and over the years, both had stood in the line of fire to protect the other. That's what families did. Super or not.

Someone had taken over the school and was sending in guards to take them out. She needed to know if her little brother was safe. Dash could handle himself, she knew that, but this enemy had taken everyone by surprise, locking the doors and when opened, guards came in to take them who knows where.

*

"Vi now's not the time to be invisible!" Hiro called out.

"Call louder. I don't think the bad guys heard you." Wilbur said sarcastically.

"Excuse me for worrying." Hiro remarked. "But someone I care about has snuck off and of all times."

"Hey. I'm worried about her too, but she must have had her reason for ditching us and if something has happened to her, we're no good if we're in the same situation. You know Violet. She's done this sort of thing before, I'm pretty sure she could handle it." Wilbur said.

"We still have to find her." Hiro said. In their short time together, he had grown to care for her and even after their fight that left him unsure of how she felt about him, he still cared and he wasn't going to let anything happen to her. Not for as long as he lived. And he really didn't want their fight to be their last confrontation.

"Well, what would make her run off?" Penny questioned.

"We can worry about that when we find her." Hiro said.

"Oh, that'll be easy. Find the girl who can turn invisible." Wilbur rolled his eyes, but did understand the seriousness of the situation. His friend was missing and all were in risk of being in danger. But it wouldn't hurt to put some humour in the situation. Okay, it was his way of keeping calm and not stressing out with worry over his friend.

*

She luckily hadn't ran into any of the guards who had taken over. There were a few close calls, but they hadn't exactly crossed paths. She just had to make sure Dash was okay.

He was capable of taking care of himself, but he was like her when their family was in danger. Going in without thinking. It was stupid to jump in the line of fire, but people always did crazy and reckless things for the people they cared about. But if she was to get a lecture for her poor use of judgement, then so be it. Family was more important.

Violet headed down the corridor, coming down towards her brother's room. Dash wasn't always the brightest and preferred to take action before thinking it through. But if the situation demanded it, he would pull through. And right now the situation demanded that he be on his guard. But who knew if he was? After all, the attack had been unexpected and hardly anyone saw it coming. She just hoped she'd get to him in time before anything serious happened.

*

They were looking at it all wrong. Violet had to have a strong reason why she bolted. None of them knew what was of major importance to risk their lives for.
Unlike them, she had been on the field. Has actual experience with these sort of things. But that would mean she knew the smart thing to do was to stick with the team.
Team.
Before coming here she was apart of The Incredibles. Her team had been her family. She was the only one who had family here.

That's when it hit the genius. She ran off because she had family. Her younger brother, Dash, was also a student at the school. Hiro was willing to bet their parents told her to keep an eye on him and of course she'd take that literally. He probably would've done the same with Tadashi if he were here.