Everything Goes Wrong

"Kurt, just pick something please." Mercedes begged over Skype. Kurt's computer was resting on the bed, what seemed like hundreds of shirts spread around his room. Kurt was in his closest, tearing it apart, trying to find the perfect outfit for his date.

"Cedes I don't think you get it." Kurt called holding up two shirts in the mirror. "This is my first date, ever. And it's with a professional MMA fighter. I need to look like- well the best I've ever looked!" Kurt groaned throwing the shirts to the ground, digging through his closet once again.

Mercedes gave a groan as she saw her best friend dig through, his endless wardrobe. "What about that Alexander McQueen button up, with the black bow tie with the little chain." She said, biting her lip, as she looked at the helpless boy.

Kurt's small body perked up looking to his computer. "Why on earth did you not tell me sooner! That's perfect!" He called as he rifled through pulling out the accessories to pull it together.

"Your impossible, you know." Mercedes called putting her head in her hand. Kurt grinned over a shy grin to her. "I know." He walked of frame putting it together. "What would I even say to him Cedes?"

"Normal small talk?" Mercedes replied, as Kurt got his sinfully tight skinny jeans on. "I don't want to bore him with glee club, and bullies at Mckingly." He grumbled, looking into the mirror straightening out non-existence wrinkles.

"Kurt. He's not going to be bored with you. If he truly likes you, he'll love and laugh at whatever you talk about. He'll make subtle moves to touch your arm or even hold your hand. He'll comment on how amazing you look, and how beautiful you really are. You'll see in his stare, how much he cares." Mercedes declared looking at Kurt, fixing his bow tie. He froze in his moves looking at himself in the mirror.

"When did you become an expert on love." He scoffed looking over to her. "Since I've watched a million rom-coms with you." She smiled teasingly. Kurt laughed out and rolled his eyes fixing his hair. The doorbell rang out as Kurt's breathe caught in his throat.

"That's him, wish me luck." Kurt smiled as he leaned to the computer. "Good lucky, love you." Mercedes smiled. Kurt gave a eccentric smooth to her as he ending closing his computer. "I got it!" He called to Finn as he laced up with boots.

He made his way downstairs with all he needed ,looking at Finn talking to Blaine. "Did you not hear me yell, I got it." Kurt scoffed a bit annoyed.

"Sorry I was down here, didn't hear." Finn replied looking over at his brother.

"Hey Kurt." Blaine smiled his jaw dropping smile to him. "You look... wow, I mean beautiful- handsome! God sorry, shall we go?" Blaine grinned bashfully.

Kurt smiled widely, a blush already creeping on his cheeks. "We shall." He smiled he he walked out with Blaine, he called him pretty, check on Mercedes list.

"Bye you crazy kids!" Finn called out waving to them. Kurt ignored as he quickly ushered into Blaine's car. Blaine gave a laugh getting in the drivers side.

Finn laughed, as he got his phone. "God Puck's gonna love to hear this." He laughed as he was texting his friend about the flustered fighter.

Blaine drove Kurt, the two sat in an awkward silence. What to do, what to say? They've talked before, but only as friend. Now it was different, considered as romantic interests.

"So, um how was school today?" Blaine asked glancing over to Kurt in the passenger seat.

"It was good, same as always. I got a hundred on my French essay. Mr. Shue accidentally drew a penis on the board as he attempted to explain a Beatles song." Kurt said looking over to the older man.