"What happened after you broke the first seal?" John asks Dean.

"Cas rescued me from Hell to 'stop the apocalypse,' not realizing that the apocalypse is exactly what Heaven wanted. They let another sixty-five seals break, and Lucifer was free."

"Come on, tell him what the last one was!" Lucifer says eagerly.

John glances at the archangel before looking at Dean expectantly, but it's Sam the speaks.

"I broke it. I killed the demon Lilith, and the seal broke."

"Can't get mad about that one," John says. "You killed a demon. It's what you do."

"Tell him how you killed her!" Lucifer says.

"Dammit, Lucifer, shut up!" Sam yells.

"Mm, how about no?"

"What's he talking about?" John asks Sam. "How did you kill her? Colt?"

"Nope," Lucifer says when Sam doesn't answer. "You're not gonna guess it. If Sam won't tell you, I will, by the way. What do you say, Sammy? What will it be?"

Sam sighs, knowing Lucifer isn't lying. Apparently, he doesn't lie, so that's not helping. Looks like Sam has to talk, whether he wants to or not.

"The reason Azazel — Yellow Eyes — came to the house and killed Mom was to feed me his blood," Sam says. "And the blood made me powerful. So I didn't stop drinking it."

"What are you talking about?" John demands.

"A demon named Ruby tricked me into drinking her blood, and —"

"She didn't trick you," Lucifer says. "Well, not about that. You knew exactly what you were doing, didn't you, Sammy?"

"How the hell do you even know this? You were still in Hell."

Lucifer shrugs. "People talk."

"Enough from the peanut gallery," John snaps before turning to Sam to let him finish.

"I thought she was trying to stop the apocalypse. She was really trying to start it. She got me hyped up on demon blood so I could kill Lilith, and that let Lucifer out of the box."

"Best moment of my life!" Lucifer adds.

"And mine was throwing you back in," Sam adds.

"And then I got to beat the crap out of you," Lucifer reminds him. "I wouldn't say you're winning here."

"Shut up," Sam snaps.

"Mmmaybe."

"Anyway," Dean says loudly, interrupting their minor argument. "Sam and I spent the next year trying to stop the apocalypse —"

"Yeah, hello? I'd like my credit please," Bobby says.

"With help from Bobby and Cas," Dean adds. "And Ellen and Jo died for it."

"And that was so helpful," Lucifer says sarcastically. "You got so much out of that Colt."

"Do I get my credit for giving you the Colt?" Crowley asks.

"No," Sam, Dean, Bobby, and Castiel all say at once.

"Anyway, it turned out I was Michael's true vessel and Sam was Lucifer's true vessel, and eventually Heaven realized they weren't getting anywhere wth me so they brought Adam back to life and —"

"When did he die?" John asks.

"A year or so earlier," Dean replies. "Ghouls ate him and his mom alive. So they convinced Adam to say 'yes' to being Michael's vessel and Sam said 'yes' to being Lucifer's vessel, but before they could have their little slap fight, Sam knocked them both in the cage. Unfortunately, that meant Adam and Sam got stuck there, too."