Chapter 1: Museum Mishaps

(Unedited)

The Forgotten Quest

Chapter 1: Museum Mishaps

I let out a big yawn as I sat beside Jenny on the front seat of the bus, causing her to chuckle. I just ignored her and got my iPod in my jean pockets and stuffed the earphones in my ears. It was field trip day and my school decided to go to a museum way out north. Spring just began and I think the teachers just wanted a warmer environment but then couldn't they just pick a beach down south?

I can almost feel myself drifting into dreamland when my iPod suddenly got snucked out of my hand. I could probably shoot lasers at Jenny's head right at the moment as she waved her hand holding my precious iPod right above her head.

"Hey! Give me that back," I complained as I reached for it but she just shoved my hands.

"No way. You answer me first. Why do you look like a walking zombie?" Jenny asked me. Her eyebrows furrowing and arms crossed across her chest. Typical Jenny.

"I didn't  sleep last night because my brothers and I watched those scary horror movies."

I lied. I know she'll just shout at me if I told her the reason.

"Oh come on Leigh! You can't even watch the trailers. You're afraid of scary stuff since we're kids. So tell me, what did you do last night?" She asked. Snap, she totally knew me.

"Fine! You got me. I'm reading those legends again." I shuddered. I was unable to drift off to dreamland because of those legends that always creeps up my mind every time.

"Again!? Oh please. You're always reading those legends! Come on Leigh, it isn't true ok so st—."

She didn't even finished what she was about to say because Professor Harris, our history teacher with hair that can probably rival Einstein, entered the bus and talked in a loud, booming voice.

"Students! Attention!" He announced.

Everyone in the bus immediately stopped talking and paid their attention to him. With his bulky and muscular body frame against his fitted white polo shirt, even with his hair, he totally demands respect.

"Today, were going to the Melared Museum for our history class. I expect everybody to be attentive and behave for the rest of the tour. Is that clear?" He announced and a chorus of yes filled the bus.

When he finished the announcements, he walked back to his car parked beside the bus. I was glad to get my mind out of those stupid stories but it just keeps coming back. Jenny's tantrums and her scolding telling me that I shouldn't read those crazy legends didn't even help one bit. Although she's my best friend, I also get annoyed by her sometimes. Jenny always said that those legends aren't real. Who cares? It scares the crap out of me.

"That's my seat."

I opened my eyes upon hearing the sound of his voice. I saw him standing in front of me with his girlfriend, Cassandra Lewis. I stared at his deep black eyes. I've always wanted those eyes of his.

"What are you staring at?! Move!" He yelled at me.

I immediately pulled my back pack beside me and Jenny's hand and stood up. We sat on the only vacant seats on the bus that is typically on the back row. I looked at my best friend but she still looked shocked and I don't know? Mesmerized? Yeah, that's the word. Of course who wouldn't? That guy, Zachary Blanche, got everything a girl looks for. He's rich, handsome, intelligent and the captain of the basketball team even if he's just 5"8 in height but he's also arrogant, selfish and he's a jerk. Well, a handsome one.