My Daughter's Teacher

Start from the beginning

Ian gives a small smile. The young boy is shy. I can see that much.

"Sounds like a great idea" Brett says happily.

He hops out and unbuckled Ian. Carrying Ian to the house. When he walks in Michael and Jack come running up to him.

"Hey guys" He says happily.

"Who's kid are you holding?" Michael asks.

"This is my son Ian. Ian buddy, this is Jack, Michael"Brett says in a softer voice.

He sets Ian down. I watch as Ian hides behind his father. I smile softly and kneel down to the boys height.

"Hey, you see Michael and Jack. They've got an xbox. With all sorts of cool games. If you go with them they'll let you play" I watch as his eyes light up.

He looks at his dad for permission. Brett smiles and nods. Hesitantly Ian walks over to Jack who has his hand out ready to hold Ian's hand.

I stand up next to Brett. With Brett on my right we all walk to the kitchen where my parents and Kai is.

"Mum, dad...this is Brett" I introduce.

Dad walks to Brett and shakes his hand firmly.

"You got a good grip there son" Dad says.

"Seven years in the military did you some good" Dad says.

I look at him shocked. I didn't even know that.

"How did you know I was in the military" Brett asks.

"You were the young boy in the newspaper who saved a man from a tank truck that had driven onto a road side bomb. I would never forget that face. You're the boy who saved my son" Dad says.

"You're the Brett that saved my brother Daniel?" I ask Brett.

"We knew him by DeJay" Brett says.

"What a small world" I mumble.

"Anyway, I have something to talk to this young lady about" Brett says looking at Kai with a smile.

"Do you mind if I talk to her alone?" Brett asks me.

I smile and kiss his cheek. He smiles back and leads Kai into the living room. I sigh and drop my head onto the kitchen bench.

"How are you holding up pumpkin?" Dad asks.

"She's my little girl dad. She's 13. Even without raising this child shell never be that innocent girl. Because that monster stripped her innocence away" I say.

"As long as you show her she doesn't have to act like an adult. And that she can act like a normal kid. Then she will" Dad says.

"The one thing I wanted avoid happening to her is the one thing that ended up happening. I lean she hasn't even had her first kiss" I say tearing up.

Intake a few deep breaths as my dad hugs me protectively.

"Honey, I wish I could stop the pain in your chest but I can't. Not this time sweetheart" He says.

"I know daddy" I mumble into his chest where my face is pressed against.

Soon Brett and Kai come back in. Brett has his arm draped over Kai's shoulders. Kai has a small smile.

"Good news I take it?" I ask.

Brett just smiles and winks at me.

"Brett says he wants to adopt my baby" Kai says with a smile of relief.

My mum and dad look at Brett with grateful smiles. I know they are already extremely fond of Brett. I just hope we last.

Soon Jack and Michael walk out with their hands crossed over holding each other's and Ian on top of their hands.

I look up at Brett as he looks at the boys. I lean onto his side. As I do so he places his arm around me and smiles at the boys.

"Careful boys" I say as they walk to us.

I can hear Ian laughing. They've always got the cutest laugh at that age. Ian see's Kai and stops laughing.

"Daddy is that Brea?" Ian asks.

Brett walks to Ian and picks him up.

"No buddy. I don't know where Brea is" I hear him say softly.

I watch as Ian nods his head with a small pout. Brett walks over to Kai with Ian in his arms.

"This is Kai" Brett informs Ian.

"Hi Ian, how old are you?" Kai asks.

"I'll be six in March" Ian says softly.

"You're a big boy aren't you?" Kai asks smiling.

Ian smiles and nods his head proudly. I walk to Brett and kiss his cheek.

"Did you want to spend the night at my place with Ian?" I ask in a whisper.

He looks at me and kisses my forehead.

"I'd love to" He says smiling.

I walk over to my mum and dad. I kiss dads cheek and hug him before doing the same with mum. It's easy to see I'm a daddy's girl.

"Boys, Kai come on grab your things we're going home. Brett don't forget Ian's bag" I order everyone.

Brett comes to me, placing his hands around my waist he kisses my lips softly before hugging me. Nuzzling his head into my neck.

"I love you" He whispers huskily.

I blush and smile as I hug him back.

"I love you too" I whisper in a reply.

Soon I can hear the stampede of young children making their way down the stairs. I watch as Michael and Jack stomp on the steps.

Trying to get Ian to join in nth all Ian's giggling to much to be able to make enough noise with his feet.

"I think they're getting along just fine" I say to Brett.

Brett nods his head smiling. I grab Michael and Jack's things and help Kai with her things.

It's a good thing we chose to take my car. I've got a seven seater. I bought it knowing my boys like to surprise me with an extra passenger after school.

The thee boys sat in the middle and Kai sat at the back happily texting away to her friends.

To me, this seems like things are starting to look good for Brett, me and the kids.