Dropping the wet case on the floor, Newt wiped the water off it briefly before opening it up. "I'll do my best," He murmured, before disappearing down below.

Well. You best get started, huh? Removing your soaking shirt, you hung it on one of the pillars to dry before scrounging around for logs while picking up some hay. By the time Newt came back out you had made beds of hay and were starting to prepare the fire. You didn't notice him until he sat on one of the beds, making you stop at your work briefly to smile up at him noticing he had what you had asked for. "Perfect. I'm guessing you know what to do with them?" You joked and the wizard rolled his eyes at you, slightly nudging you with his foot in reply, turning over to make the beds while you laughed. The fire finally started to spark and you smiled, raising your hands and whooping in victory.

Despite it all, this was turning out to be a pretty fine night. Sure, it could have gone better, but it was fun in it's own way. It was like camping. You doubted Newt knew what that was, it was a pretty muggle thing, but it was all the same to you.

The fire was nice and hot, warming you up and you sighed, sitting a good distance away from it while hugging your bare torso. A shirt was thrown in your face, ruining your moment of silent bliss. Right as you were about to yell at Newt, pants were thrown at you too.

"Don't look, I'm getting dressed!" Newt laughed, and you rolled your eyes.

"You're such a little girl, Scamander."

"Yet you're the one that throws like one," He easily replied and when you removed the clothing from your head Newt was already in a pair of fresh pants with no shirt. You threw his dirty clothes somewhere else, you're not sure where. "Hey!"

"Who throws like a girl now?"

"Still you," Newt shook his head, plopping down on the beds you made. While a little uncomfortable and scratchy, they weren't too bad over all, he thought. You sat next to him and silently admired his scars as he drifted off. Newt was much more built than you were but you weren't jealous. You loved looking at him even more because of it. It made him more extraordinary to you.

You looked away, curling into yourself while watching the fire wisp in the air. The glow licked at your skin, leaving a warm burn that calmed you down and made your eyes droop. You're sure you would have fallen asleep right there if you didn't hear Newt call your name.

"Hm?" You hummed, opening your eyes a little more and looking at your partner. His back was turned to you, showing off all of his big and fierce scars even more.

"I was just wondering... Do you ever have intrusive and strange thoughts?"

What a strange question. "Well, I suppose, but it depends. What kind of thoughts?" You replied as honestly as you could.

"Like, when you look at someone... and suddenly you're just thinking how you c-could never imagine life without them and. And how y-you would like to just.. Kiss them right then and there."

You watched as the more Newt spoke the more he turned into an introverted and shy little puddle. Insecure and unsure. You sighed, your eyes almost stinging. This hurt.

"Sometimes I have thoughts like that." You managed to whisper out, and couldn't help thinking how much you wanted to put your hands through his hair, press your body against his, kiss him and tell him you love him. You want to so bad. But he wasn't meant for you. He never was. "For what it's worth, I think you should go through with it."

"Y-you think so?" Newt squeaked out, leaning up on his elbows but still not facing you. He was listening to you now.

"Yeah," You nodded, holding yourself a little closer. Him and Tina would make a wonderful couple. Their babies absolutely adorable. "That's the only way to get those thoughts to go away right? Take action and have something wonderful bloom and unfold from it. You just have to make the jump. Listen to your head and kiss her." You didn't see how with each word Newt was building in confidence, slowly sitting up more and more. He had finally turned toward you, and you finally saw the look of passion and love in his eyes. You'd smile if you didn't know what it meant. It meant he was going to do it. Kiss Tina. And all thanks to your help. How wonderful.

"Him," Newt corrected you. You raised an eyebrow at him.

"Pardon?"

"Kiss him."

Oh.

Well, you guess Jacob and Newt were a little closer than most. You smiled at Newt, still the feeling of rejection and frustration swelling in your chest. "Right. Him."

You didn't know how it happened or why, but suddenly Newt's arms were around you and his face was only an inch from yours. You could feel his breath on you, his intense gaze and warm skin. Suddenly he was everywhere. His smell, his touch, his air.

"Do you think I should kiss you?" He asked, voice suddenly low and rumbly, sending a shiver down your spine.

"Yes," You breathed out, your shoulders slouching and your body melting under him. Your hands were soon in his hair, just like you wanted. "Merlin, yes, kiss me."

And so he did. Chapped and soft lips against your own, melding together and making your head burst. Your heart was pounding and all you could think of was Newt, Newt, Newt kissing and holding you finally. You dragged him down on top of you and gripped at his hair a little harder, trying to get as close to him as possible. The wizard above you was just as desperate, hands digging into your back and you sides, lifting you against him.

The two of you parted, gasping for breath even though the two of you hadn't even kissed that long. Passion and love was flooding in your veins, pounding in your heart. "I didn't think you'd ever want to." Newt placed his head on the crook of your neck, simply just holding you now. You held back, not wanting to let go.

"You never know if you don't act." You chuckled, tracing patterns on his naked torso as the two of you laid together next to the fire with the sound of the rain pounding outside.

"Can I keep doing it?" He looked up at you, his green eyes sparkling. "Kiss you, I mean?"

"You can kiss me whenever you want." You smiled and pressed your lips against his forehead, before leaning into him a little more. "Let's just rest now, okay?"

"Okay."

Requests are open!