Seeker - Harry (female reader)

Prompt: You are the chaser on the hufflepuff Quidditch team. Harry and your teams seeker chase after the golden snitch, and your seeker comes down first after being struck by lightening. But where is Harry Potter?

      You loose concentration after you see your teams seeker and Harry Potter fly into the clouds. You wanted your team to win, but, being a hufflepuff, you couldn't help but worry about Harry Potter. Not to mention, you'd started to develop feelings for the boy who lived. With either of the players nowhere to be seen, you continued to fly around with the quaffle under your arm. Your hood flew behind you, letting rain drops hit your head, stinging your cheeks like little torpedoes. You sped towards the ring, and started to turn around and you threw the quaffle into the ring.

If someone had yelled, "Ten points for Hufflepuff!" you didn't hear it, because you were too focused on the sight of Harry Potter falling from the sky at an alarmingly fast speed. A rush of adrenaline sparked through your limbs.

"Damnit, Potter," You muttered under your breath as you flew as fast as you could past all of the players, and above the stands. The gates were closing, he was getting closer and closer to the ground. You gritted your teeth, clenching your broomstick. Just as he was five feet above the ground, you reached out and wrapped your arm around him, sending you both flying forward. You landed on your back with Harry on your stomach after tumbling a couple of times. Your head ached immediately, but your back didn't hurt as much as you braced yourself for. You quickly put two fingers on his pulse, and you could feel his heart. You signed in relief, relaxing your body from under him.

****

"What the bloody hell were you thinking?" You team captain shouted at you. "You could've gotten yourself killed!" You knew that's not what he really cared about. He was mad because the game had ended, and your team hadn't won.

"His life has as much value as yours or mine," You spoke quietly, packing up your Quidditch things into your locker.

"We would've won if-" you cut him off.

"What in Merlin's beard was I supposed to do!" You screamed, slamming your locker shut. "Let him fall?" He swallowed hard.

"You were in no position to take matters into your own hands," His voice was quiet, yet aggressive. "You...you are a measly, little, second year girl!" His voice grew louder has he spoke. You were taken aback by his words. Your captain was never mean to you. He'd yelled at you before, by he'd never doubted that you'd do great things for the team.

You brought your hand up to his cheek, and did something you'd never thought you'd do as a proud hufflepuff. You slapped the living daylights out of the seventh year standing before you. You only struck him once, but you could tell that it was enough to get your point across. He brought his hand to his cheek, breathing through his teeth. His eyes darted at you with nothing but anger.

"You are banned from the hufflepuff Quidditch team,"

***

You sat next to Harry's bed, watching the unconscious boy just simply lay there. You wiped a tear from your cheek. You had asked the boys to leave you and Harry for a moment, and they obeyed, seeing that you were truly upset.

"Hi, Harry," you sniffled. "I know you'll be okay, but...I just really need to talk to you, and...I feel like you've been unconscious for months..." your voice trailed off. "The captain kicked me off the team," You laughed pathetically at yourself, wiping another tear. You thought it truly was pathetic that you were crying about this; you didn't deserve to be kicked off the team.

Suddenly, his eyes fluttered open as if they were adjusting to the light.

"You were kicked off the team?" His voice awake and genuinely surprised. Your face immediately softened.

"Were you...were you awake this whole time?" You narrowed your eyes at him.

"The boys heard you coming, so...Fred and George wanted to prank you...I'm sorry, we didn't know you'd been this upset," He apologized. You just simply hugged his neck and buried your face.

"I'm just glad you're okay," You mumbled into your shirt sleeve.

"That's nice, Y/N, but...were you seriously kicked off the team? That's rubbish!" He exclaimed, pulling away and looking at you. You tucked your hands inside your jumper sleeves and wiped your cheeks once more. You could see the anger flickering in his blue-green eyes.

"It was worth saving you, Harry," You smiled. A deep shade of rouge bloomed on his cheeks like roses. On pure impulse on his behalf, he reached up and tangled his hand in your hair, kissing you softly. You rested your hand on his cheek, deepening the kiss. He pulled away and smiled at you triumphantly.

"Lets go get your position back, love,"