Getting Ready for the Dance

Hermione

    Hermione waltzed into dinner with Draco on her arm. She led him to the Ravenclaw table and sat them next to Neville, Luna, Harry, Ginny, Cho, and Blaise. Ron and Lavender shot them nasty looks, but didn't say anything to them. "Where's Fiona?" Hermione asked Neville. He shrugged. "Well, you've missed quite a bit," He said, "Fiona came out of the closet. She likes girls. I'm with Luna now." Hermione was taken aback. She didn't see that coming. "Oh. Congrats," She said.

    Her eyes wandered to the left of her, where she saw Fiona and Pansy Parkinson sitting extremely close. Her eyes shifted down she saw their intertwined hands. Good for them. Draco must have seen this, too, because she heard him whisper "Woah." and felt pumpkin juice splatter on her. Her gaze quickly switched back in front of her. "Don't stare," She whispered, grabbing a napkin and dabbing her robes. He pouted and looked away. "Sorry. For that and the pumpkin juice," He sniggered, pulling her closer. She nestled in the crook of his neck. "I could get used to this," He said into her hair. She smiled and sighed.

Hermione eventually pulled away and started filling her plate. Draco followed along. They filled their goblets with pumpkin juice. Draco muttered something under his breath and tapped his wand on his goblet. "Draco," Hermione warned, for she knew what he was doing. Soon, his cup was filled with Fire Whiskey. Hermione rolled her eyes and propped her head on her hand.

Everyone in The Great Hall was silenced as Headmaster Dumbledore stood up from his seat at the staff table. He casted a voice amplifier on himself. "Attention everyone!" He bellowed, "On Friday all lessons will be cancelled, as we are having a Halloween dance, here, in The Great Hall! You may come dressed up if you wish. We're looking forward to see what you come as." He sat down and cleared his throat.

"Do you wanna go together?" Draco asked dryly. Hermione pursed her lips. "No, thank you," She joked. "Don't make me beg," Draco pleaded. Hermione didn't respond. Rather, she looked around the room, then looked at Draco expectantly. He muttered a curse word under his breath and conjured a bouquet of flowers behind his back. He slipped out of his chair and got on one knee, holding the flowers in front of him. "Hermione Jean Granger, over these past two weeks, you've made me the happiest I've ever been. I love you with all of my heart and I always will," He said loudly, so the everyone could hear him. Hermione blushed faintly, but her smile masked it well. Some people gasped and others whispered about a proposal. His eyes shifted towards Ron and he saw that he was practically fuming. He probably thought Draco was proposing to her, as well. Draco did his signature smirk. "Will you do me the honor of accompanying me to the dance?" He asked. Hermione nodded. "Yes!" She exclaimed, leaning forward and planting a soft kiss on his lips. She took the flowers gratefully as he slithered back into his seat. "Thank you, Draco," She said in a joking voice, kissing him on the cheek. His cheeks were as red as a tomato.

THAT FRIDAY

Hermione

Hermione, Ginny, and Luna were all getting ready for the dance. Hermione was dressed as an archer. She had a short, gray dress that hugged her curves. She had black tights and knee-high black boots on. She wore a black hood that draped over her shoulder and had her hair in a long braid that cascaded out of the hood and ended at her upper stomach. She had a golden, patterned belt on and she carried a bow and arrow. Her makeup was dark and mysterious.

    Ginny was dressed as a muggle from the 1950s. She had a short, red, polka-dotted dress with a white belt, a golden bracelet, three-inch black heels that strapped around the ankles, bright and bold makeup, and she wore her hair in a messy bun.

    Luna was dressed as Harley Quinn, minimal clothing and all. Harley Quinn was popular in the muggle world, not so popular in the wizarding world. And that's why Luna choose her. Hermione had shown her the movie on the second day of school and she loved it! You can know for sure that Luna got a lot of stares as they walked to the dance.

    As soon as they got to the dance, they flocked to the drinks. They all got butterbeer and went to sit down. The tables were pushed to the sides of the grand room. They took the seats closets to the door and started chatting about nothing in particular.

    They started growing impatient waiting for their friends after around 20 minutes. They decided to go to the Gryffindor common room to see if they were there. If they weren't, they'd ask Pansy to take them to the Slytherin one.

    They ended up running into Ron and Lavender as they were leaving. The two groups glared at each other, but continued on their ways. They checked the common room and then called up the stairs to the Boys' dorms. No one was there. Draco and Blaise must have taken them to the Slytherin common room.

    "Well, we should probably start making our way to The Great Hall. We need to go get Pansy," Hermione declared. The other two nodded and they opened the painting to leave. Hermione was annoyed that Draco wasn't with her, but she was sure he was just getting ready. They may even already be at The Great Hall and they just didn't see them. Creak. They all stopped dead in their tracks. "Hello?" Ginny called out. Creak. Luna spun around frantically. "Hello?" Ginny called out again. "Hello?" Another voice said. It was familiar. Who was it...? "Oh!" Ginny exclaimed.

Pansy had walked out of the Girls' lavatory. "Pansy! Just the person we needed to see!" Hermione said gleefully. "Really? What's up?" Pansy asked, surprised. "Can you take us into the Slytherin common room? We can't find our friends and we think Draco and Blaise may have taken them there to get ready," Luna explained.

    Pansy nodded and motioned for them to follow her. They did and talked about what they thought their dates would dress up as. Blaise had asked Ginny to come with him and Ginny reluctantly agreed. "Alright. We're here," Pansy said, beckoning for them to go in first. They grinned and stepped inside, Pansy coming in behind them. They were greeted by the smell of cologne and fire. There was nobody in the common room, so why would somebody leave the fireplace lit? Hermione crossed her arms in front of her chest and shivered. It was still very cold down there. She stalked towards the stairs to the dorms.

    "Anyone up there?" She yelled, cupping her hands in front of her mouth. She heard whispering and saw someone poke their head around the entrance to the stairs. "Oh. Hi," They called. It was Neville. "Oh! Neville! Who else is up there?" Luna called. "It's me, Draco, Blaise, and Harry," He said, his voice echoing in the dungeons. "How much longer will you be?" Ginny bellowed. "We just finished," Harry said from behind him. Neville stumbled a bit, like he was pushed, and started trotting down the stairs.

    Neville was dressed as The Joker. What a coincidence. Though, Harley Quinn and The Joker's relationship isn't exactly ideal. He came down timidly and grabbed Luna's hand. She just gave him a far-off look and smiled wearily. Next was Harry. He was dressed like a wolf. He howled as he reached the end of the stairs and everyone laughed. Then it was Blaise's turn. He came down in big, fancy robes and had red contacts in. He smiled at Ginny when he arrived and she saw fangs. "A vampire? Really? Where's your creativity?" Pansy joked. Blaise chuckled and leaned his arm on Ginny's shoulder. The air was filled with anticipation. Everyone wanted to see what Draco would be dressed as. That's when Hermione felt a hand clamp over her mouth.

    She screamed the loudest she'd ever screamed and her hands tugged at their's. "Guess who?" A voice whispered in her ear. She instantly relaxed in Draco's embrace. He released her and she turned around, whacking him in the arm. "Draco, you--," She stopped mid-sentence as she looked Draco up and down. He was dressed in a Phantom of the Opera costume. Mask and all. "Dang, Malfoy," Hermione gasped. She wasn't going to lie, he looked hot. Draco laughed. "You look breathtaking," He told her. She blushed and kissed him. "Geez, guys, get a room," Ginny moaned. They separated and Draco stuck his tongue out at the redhead.

OH MY GOD! NEARLY 200 READS! THANK YOU GUYS! jqkqjkwoqkwbe