Our Future (maccready x reader)

You and McCready had been wandering around the Commonwealth for a while now. You two had become quite close since you have been helping him get his life together, and of course saving his son's life from the strange disease he had mysteriously contracted.

Over time you had begun to develop feelings for the man and McCready had developed some for you. You didn't know wether to make the first move or not but decided to give it some time. McCready is a gentleman and he was actually going to make a move. Tonight you two were relaxing in sanctuary on the balcony of your house. McCready decided to make his move.

"So, (Y/N) can we talk for a bit? It's important." McCready looked at you, you were sitting next to him looking off into the distant horizon. "Yea, what's on your mind?" You met his eyes. "Well, I don't really know how to say this. I'm not very good at expressing these things but... I, um, I'm in love with you." He smiled awkwardly and began blushing. You felt your world stop for a moment and let his sentence sink in. "R-really? Wow... I don't know what to say.." you almost immediately took back what you said, for it made the awkwardness level up to 50. "I shouldn't have said anything, I'm sorry. I know you just lost your husband." He slouched in his chair and looked away.

"No, I'm glad you said something because tonight I was going to tell you how I felt." You smiled and so did he for the first time in a while. "You don't know how happy that makes me" he said and moved closer to you, your lips met and you wrapped your arms around his neck. "So where does this put us?" You asked. "It's up to you, I wouldn't argue if you wanted to make this official. But... what about your husband? Don't you still love him?" McCready looked worried for a moment. Sure you still loved Nate but that was in the past. McCready is your future.
"Of course I still love Nate, but whats done is done. It's in the past now, I'm only focused on our and the Commonwealth's future." You smiled and kissed him again. For once you felt happy and knew you weren't going to be alone anymore.

--
Hey I hope you enjoyed! I really like writing this one and I hope you liked reading it :)