Chapter 17- Inside The Bad Boy's Head

Start from the beginning

                “Drew stop, he’s your father,” my mother’s hands grab me from behind, pulling me back and holding from hitting him again.

                “Dad, what’s wrong? What did you do?” Sammy, my sister, runs into the room, looking around frantically. My best friends Adrian and Lucas rush in right after her.

                “He’s kicking my mom out of the house, claims he’s heard that she’s cheating on him,” I explain, that bubble of rage expanding within me. I dig my nails into the palm of my hands to keep me from reacting out of pure instinct, my mom’s in no condition to witness what I really feel like doing.

                “What?” Sammy backs away from my dad, hurt flashes momentarily in his eyes before his cold demeanor is put intact. The cold façade he usually reserves for our ‘family business,’ one that’s not so honorable and yet my mom stood by his side.

                “That’s stupid, or rather the person implying this,” Adrian scowls, bringing his arms across his chest. There are only two people Adrian actually likes in this world, my mom and unfortunately my sister, thing I had to get over a while ago.

                “Watch your mouth boy, or do you forget who saved you from the streets?” my father seethes as he gets up, wiping blood off his face with the back of his hand. His words do nothing to faze Adrian. He doesn’t fear my dad, if anything. It’s true, my father saved Adrian from a life on the streets at the age of twelve, months after he ran away from the foster home he had been placed in.

                “Mrs. Collins hasn’t been seeing anyone, I could’ve told you that,” Lucas waves a hand in the air carelessly. Being the spy for the gang sure has its perks for him, people don’t suspect him because he comes off as some sort of careless kid, just goofing around.

                “Bullshit, you’re all probably covering for her, I can’t believe my own kids would betray me,” my father no longer inhabits the shell that stands before me. The glint of happiness that usually lights my dad’s eyes is nowhere to be seen now, replaced with a crazed look of a man who seriously thinks he’s being betrayed.

                “Bullshit, more like what’s standing in front of us,” Adrian mutters, he’s not one to keep his mouth shut.

                “Everybody stop, I’ll leave,” my mom regains her composure, a look of determination on her face. She’s always been a strong willed woman, one who was able to keep my dad in check.

                “Finally a voice of reason,” my dad sneers.

                “I hope you realize your mistake,” she contradicts as she heads upstairs. My father’s a stubborn man as he ignores the longing look he gives the woman that’s about to walk out at his absurd request.

                “I’m leaving as well,” I speak up causing my dad’s attention to snap back to me. He gives me a look of shock and betrayal, as if he has the right to feel betrayed right now.

                “You can’t leave Drew, you’re my only son and my eldest child, when I step down you’re to take over the gang,” he pleads.

                “I don’t want to be a part of this shit if you’re what I’ll end up being like, but I will promise you one thing, you will pay for what you’ve done to my mom today. I will bring you down if it’s the last thing I do,” I sneer in his face, barely inches apart so that he can see just how true my words are.

                “I could have you all dead right now,” he throws back, his hand making a move for my neck causing me to chuckle.

                “I wouldn’t give you the chance,” the click of a barrel is heard behind my dead’s head as a gun is pressed onto it. I give a satisfying smirk in Sammy’s direction as my dad looks at her with fear. She merely smirks in his direction. There are two people not to fuck with in this world, Adrian and his evil girlfriend.

                “You wouldn’t hurt your own father,” there’s a slight tremble in his voice telling us he’s not so sure of his own words.

                “Never let your emotions get in the way of your target, that’s what you told me before, is it not, daddy?” she looks up at him innocently. My little sister may look small and innocent but she’s been rough housing with the gang since she was a little girl, trained to defend herself expertly just in case anything could happen.

                “Sir is there anything you need?” Mason, one of my dad’s men, questions as he steps into the room. I don’t trust this man at all. I send a wave his way.

                “No, they were just leaving and they’re banned from this house do you hear me, let the others know,” my dad orders as his gaze remains on Sammy. I wave my hand to Lucas and Adrian, they smirk and grab Mason by the arms while they drag him towards me. They push Mason onto his knees in front of me and pull his head back so that he meets my gaze.

                “Listen to me and listen well, I know you’re the one that’s been putting these absurd ideas in my father’s head. If something happens to my mom, my face will be the last you see right before I end your life,” I seethe in his face before Adrian lands a kick to his side. Lucas found out while he had been spying around the house, he heard the things Mason had been insinuating, I told my dad a long time ago that I did not trust him. He’s a greedy man who’s only after power, all he wants is to lead this gang and make it into something despicable.

                “I’m leaving,” my mom states as a couple of men bring her bags down with sympathetic looks on their faces, it’s hard not to love this woman.

                “We’re all leaving as well, mom,” I let her know as I walk out of the living room and up the stairs. Footsteps follow behind me, no doubt the other guys following behind. I grab a couple of things from my room before sneaking off into my dad’s office. I rummage through my desk until I find the bank accounts I want, I also grab my dad’s black notebook, I wonder how he’ll do his dealings when I intercept all of his ‘associates.’ I meet the rest of my family by the door, where my dad and Mason stand, waiting for our departure.

                “Don’t forget what I said, the both of you,” I smile and wave before following the others out of what used to be home. If there’s one thing I’ve learned from my mom is that a house doesn’t make a home. I feel as if a chain snapped of when we begin to drive away, I know I shouldn’t feel relief at leaving all of this behind but I do, I always knew something like this was bound to happen. A foreboding feeling flows through me, I just know something’s bad going to happen.

Author's Note:

Bad, bad Drew!!

Hey guys, so a lot of you have been asking for Drew's POV, I decided to give you a scene from the past. Just a little background on Drew's life and the gang, please vote and tell me what oyu think. I will be updating soon to clear that cliffhanger I left you guys with;P

Pic on the side of Drew!!:P