5

Commander Lexa.

I've Never been through this tunnel before. It is a lot darker and longer than I would've thought.

I stop.

How long have I been walking?

Has to be at least a couple of hours.
I slide down the side of the dark tunnel and sit on the rocky bottom.

My hand slides down to my wrist.

Anya's braid. Still intertwined into my bracelet.

Anya.

"No I don't want to go! Let go of me!"

*six year old Lexa kicking and screaming in a woman's arms*

"Can you please control her?"

*The lady sits Lexa down*

"Sweetie listen. Mommy and daddy did a bad thing. You were supposed to go with this lady when you were born and be with the other kids like you. And we should have realised that sooner." Lexa's mom says in between tears."

"I...i....don't wanna ..go"

"It's okay Lexa I will come and visit you as soon as I can. I promise."

*lexa crying*

"Okay time to go"

*lady picks Lexa back up and puts her in the back of the makeshift vehicle*

"I'm sorry mommy." Lexa says in tears as she peers out of the window of the vehicle.

*Ten years old. The woman who took Lexa at six (who Lexa now knows as janeixs) walks with her to TreeKrus main camp.*

"Don't worry Lexa you'll like here. Now I have to go but all you gotta do is walk into that red curtain over there. Good luck"

*Lexa does as told and walks into the curtain. Inside is a woman siting on a chair at a table*

"Hi." The woman with the very interesting cheek bones says.

*Lexa nods and puts her head down.*

"I know it's scary isn't it? I'm Anya ambassador of  Treekru."

"I hear Commander training is tough. Did you have any friends?"

"Yes." Lexa whispers.

"What was their names?"

"Luna. From the Water Clan."

"Was she nice? I know it has to be hard having friends from other Clans when the Clans seem to always be fighting."

"Yeah." Lexa responds.

"Okay well I'm gonna be like your mentor from now until the current Commander passes and then I will prepare you for the Conclave. You spent your first four years at Polis the other NightBloods were at polis the day after their birth which means you're about six years behind them in training but we will see what we can do." Anya says.

"Have you ever used a sword?" Anya asks.

"Yeah. Me and Luna used to sword fight in training." Lexa replies.

"Okay then let's start there."