Baseball

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." ― Winston S. Churchill

··

Baby,

when they look up at the sky,

we'll be shooting stars

just passing by.

You'll be coming home

with me tonight.

We'll be burning up

like neon lights.

··

No one's POV:

Contrary to what the professor told Peter and Susan, they elder siblings didn't try and believe their sisters, believing them to just have an amazing imagination as in their minds, a place like Narnia couldn't exist, much less be in a little wardrobe from a deserted Spare Room.

Not even Edmund, who felt guilty and remorse of his actions, apologised. Instead, he ignored his younger sisters, ignoring his feelings in the way.

Lucy and Rosalie shared a bed that night, feeling betrayed by their brother and seeking the comfort they knew they would get from each other.

When the sun came out, after the red, orange and pink lights cleared to a baby blue sky, Peter came out with an idea.

A game.

Knowing how the last one they played ended like, he and Susan decided to play outside. And what better game to play outside than a sport. Better if it was baseball.

"Peter winds up," Peter commented as if it was an actual game, running into position while he played the part Rosalie or Lucy would, but they were still mad (the sad and broken feeling they felt was turned to anger) with all their siblings, as none would believe them, "poised to take yet another wicket!"

Thoughts elsewhere, Edmund came back to the game once he felt the pain of the ball thrown by Peter colliding with his leg, "Ow!"

"Oops" laughed Peter, amused and happy, forgetting about all their problems, being able to, even for a short while, enjoy being a child still, "Wake up, Dolly Daydream."

Taking the ball from the grass behind her, Susan then threw the ball towards Peter and positioned herself again behind Edmund, preparing herself to catch the ball again.