Hide-And-Seek.

"When we are children we seldom think of the future. This innocence leaves us free to enjoy ourselves as few adults can. The day we fret about the future is the day we leave our childhood behind." ― Patrick Rothfuss

··

And every breeze that whispers,

reminds us constantly,

sometimes what's real

is something you can't see...

Believe in all that can be,

a miracle starts

whenever you dream...

··

No one's POV

The Pevensie children sat bored in one of the mansion's many living rooms. Lucy was sitting beside the window, watching the raindrops hit the glass. Edmund was laying under a chair, trying to undo it enough so the following person who sat there would fall. He probably wouldn't be there to watch it, as he would be making sure Rosalie didn't sit in it once he was done, but they have been there all morning after breakfast and it hadn't stopped raining, so he was very, very bored and searching for any kind of amusement, even if he had to create it.

But they were the luckiest, as Peter seemed to have the worst luck yet. Susan had invented a 'fun' game, and she was testing it on Peter, who sat in a chair near the couch Susan sat, playing with any falling strand of dark brown hair from her younger sister's braided hair, who sat in his lap reading a book about mythology. She has always been interested in those things: magic, fauns, mermaids, centaurs, etc. The only one of her sibling who she could relate with, in that department, was Lucy, as everyone else thought they were too grown up for fairy tales.

"Gas-tro-vas-cular" Susan asked Peter, having problems to pronounce the word correctly the first time. Her idea of a fun game consisted on choosing a word from the dictionary or any other book near them, the language and/or origin didn't really matter, and Peter had to define it. As fast or as soon as possible. But with Peter bored out of his mind and nearly no one paying attention to her, it seemed as if Susan was playing alone. "Come on, Peter." Edmund and Rosalie both let out a sigh, both twin-minds thinking the same: When did our sister become so boring? "Gastrovascular." She repeated once more, calling for Peter's attention, hating it when she was being ignored.

Peter, to humour her sister, asked, looking up from playing with his sister's brown lock, trying to find a clue of what the word was so he could define the difficult word his other sister found and be done with it. "Is it Latin?"