The Goodbyes, The Train and The Mansion.

"Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting." ― J.M. Barrie

···

With ever small disaster,

I'll let the water still

take me away

to some place real,

'Cause they say home

Is where your heart is

set in stone

Is where you go

when you're alone

Is where you go

to rest your bones...

···

Rosalie's POV:

Not even three days later and we were already on the train station, surrounded by other families in the same or similar position as us. My mother, scared for our safety, paid for the first four tickets available (and there was only one person who said yes after hours of trying to have four children in the same house) and now we were on our way to the countryside.

The train station was crowded and noisy, more than I was used to, and with every passing minute, I felt my heart tighten as I knew that I would have to say goodbye to my home, and something told me, a strange feeling that I couldn't shake off of me, that it would a long time before I knew of my parents' wellbeing.

A female voice could barely be heard above all the noise saying 'alms for the poor' over and over again.

I could barely concentrate as my mother talked to my sister, Lucy, about keeping the tickets on, so we could know where we were exactly headed.

Of all of my family, Edmund was the second closest I was with, even though we were twins (and the only ones to have inherited mom's eyes). We could understand each other's troubles easily, but after our father went to war, he's being so distant and cold that not even I could do anything about it.

The closest I was with though, was Lucy, as we both shared the same imagination and creativity, among others things. Two years separated us, but we didn't mind nor let it stop us. Sometimes, I felt like Edmund was jealous of our new found bond, but with his sour attitude and façade, he forgot that I existed, that I too have feelings and missed dad. Lucy'd been a huge help this past months, making my pain decrease and getting me out of my shy shell, wanting to see again the real me.