Chapter Six

Chapter Six - Kate

The next day......

9:30 am: Athena, goddess of wisdom,

I tried to solve a college math problem. I failed miserably. Let's just say I definitely was not blessed by Athena.

10:00 am: Apollo, god of music,

I tried to sing so let's just say I'm not blessed by Apollo.

10:30 am: Artemis, goddess of the hunt,

I tried to shoot a bow, and it almost took someone's head off, definitely not Artemis.

11:00 am: Zeus, king of the gods,

I tried to get people to bow down to me, and they threw acorns and sticks. Then I tried to use lightning and nothing happened. I just looked weird. Not Zeus.

I thought to myself, "I bet Aden has figured it out already. I better think straight."

I tried most of the gods and goddess special powers. I said to Pyralis when she walked in the door, "I tried all of the gods and goddess' special powers, but none worked. I think Aphrodite lied to us."

"Mom didn't lie to us. Mine worked. I bet Aden's did too. I think you were adopted, considering how ugly you are," she replied with a laugh.

"Excuse me? I'm the ugly one? Since when did you look in the mirror lately?" I replied and sighed. I was satisfied with my great comeback.

"Umm...since today! I'm guessing you haven't looked at your reflection because you have a zit! Right there smack-dab on your nose," Pyralis smirked.

I frantically ran to the mirror, which was pretty much everywhere. I grabbed my makeup bag on the way. I pulled out my concealer. I searched my face frantically. Meanwhile, Pyralis was laughing. There was absolutely no zit. Then, Aden walked in.

"What's going on, guys?" he said cooly.

"Stay out of it, Aden!" I screamed.

He raised his hands in surrender and shrugged, "Sorry."

"You," I shouted to Pyralis. "That wasn't nice. Take it back, smokebreath."

"No, pinky," Pyralis said defiantly. Aden then went to his drawer and got his "emergency" clothes and went out the door in a rush.

"So at least Aden the pink haired mongrel left." I said to Pyralis.

"So Aden is a pink haired dog?" Pyralis replied.

"Yup and why are you still here?" I said to Pyralis.

"Because I can be." Pyralis said calmly.

"Ugh! You are a pessimistic jerk!" I shouted.

"Do you know what pessimistic means?" Pyralis said.

"Duh I'm not an idiot." I said.

"Then what does it mean?" Pyralis said.

"I don't have to talk to you!" I shouted.

Then all of a sudden lights are flashing then a blackout next thing I know a dog jumps on me and starts to lick me "Fluffy?" I said. Then the dog barked I started to cry. Fluffy was my old dog that died trying to protect me.

"What do you mean fluffy?" Pyralis said.

"My puppy that drown after it tried to rescue me, remember?" I said still crying.

"I don't see anything, wait I know who your gift is from!" Pyralis said.

"Who!" I shouted wiping tears off my face.

"Hades!" Pyralis said back to me.