Chapter One

Chapter One - Pyralis

"Watch out!" a kid shouted as a discus came in my direction. I quickly ducked before it almost got to my head. That was a close one, I thought. I walked to Aphrodite cabin (where I stay) and saw my other 2 siblings.

"Hey," I told them.

"What's up, Pyralis," Aden said. Kate smirked at me. Oh, I forgot to tell you something. We kind of-well-don't get along. Kate and I go way back on fighting.

"I saw that discus about to saw your head off," Kate said.

"Yeah. That was a close one," I said.

"Too bad it didn't happen," Kate mumbled. I started to get mad.

"I'm going to go now," Aden grabbed an extra pair of clothes for some reason and left.

"I bet you think that often, Kate," I snapped.

"Yep," she replied. I lit up my hands. She was being smart with me, and I've had it. "Oooh! I'm so scared," she said sarcastically. I got even more mad.

"Yeah, you're scared. You're just trying to hide it so I won't ruin your stupid reputation," I replied. Kate then got angry.

"Extinguish you're fire," Kate charmspoke. Her words came out like sweet honey. She wasn't going to fool me this time.

"Face my fire, fool," I said. My orange, blond highlighted hair, got more orange and some blue. This is what happens every time I get mad. Kate, on the other hand, stayed calm.

"You know I'm immune to fire also, Pyralis," Kate said my name like I was a disgrace. I had had it. I released the fire burning to get out in side of me, and the whole Aphrodite cabin turned to ashes. Campers watched the scene in terror. Now they were dumbfounded how we were still alive.

"Girls, what happened this time?" Chiron said irritably. Kate was looking at me angrily.

In unison we said, "She started it!" Chiron just shook his head and motioned us to the Big House where we would talk about the 'incident.'

"Great," Aden said angrily before we left, "Now you both pretty much gave away our secret!"

Then I said, "It can't stay hidden forever."

"Now we don't have any clothes except the ones on our bodies. Good job, Pyralis," she said angrily.

"I have some more," Aden said.

"Shut up!" Kate said.

"By the way, why did you even bring out an extra pair of clothes?" I asked.

"Figured I needed it," Aden replied.

"Well that shows how much you trust us," I said.

"Yep. That pretty much sums it up," replied Aden.