Chapter Four

Chapter Four - Pyralis

Of course we now had to do some chores. Cleaning the stables was my least favorite job.

"You got us into this mess!" Kate accused.

"No I didn't! You were the one that said you would just love it if I would die," I replied.

"Yeah...now that's true," she snickered. I handed her a broom and got myself one too. We were off to the smelly Pegasus stables. When we got there, Kate's eyes watered from the smell. Mine were on the verge too. We started to work when Aden walked in.

Aden doubled over and held his nose. "Wow, that stinks!" He looked at us. "You guys were punished, weren't you?" he asked.

"No, Chiron just hugged us and sent us to clean the stables," I said sarcastically.

"Hey, I'm just sayin'" he replied. Suddenly, I had a splitting headache. I crumpled to the floor. I could feel my heart beat in my head.

"Are you ok?" Kate said startled. That's when I saw a vision...

"We have to tell them," a pretty voice said. "They will be more mad if we wait. What if they turn against us?"

"That won't happen. Even if they're special, they need to not know. They attract more monsters when they find out or if they do," a mysterious voice said.

"Those sweeties should be told even if we get into trouble," the female voice said. I realized it was Aphrodite. I had met her in my dreams a few years ago.

"Aphrodite, I am expecting you to not alarm them. You shall go into the camp, but you shan't scare them or even tell them what I told you about their future," the mysterious voice warned.

"Very well," Aphrodite replied...

"Wake up!" Aden said as he shook me. I snapped out of it. I was back in reality.

"What happened? Were you dreaming about your future boyfriend?" Kate teased. I hated when she said that.

"First of all, I don't know," I said, even though I did know. I decided for now to keep it to myself. "Second of all, I was not dreaming about Bryson Whisk," I replied. Kate just laughed. Aden cracked a smile. I had to keep my cool.

"You were just staring. We couldn't snap you out of it for the longest," Aden explained.

"Do you guys ever see visions?" I asked. They both shook their heads no. I realized I was different. All I knew was that my mom was Aphrodite. Who was my dad?

After cleaning the stables, I went to the Aphrodite cabin to clean up. As I was brushing my hair, I saw my normal weird blue streaks. They were barely visible, but I always saw them. Only Aden had once noticed...

I remember one time when I was going to dye my hair a few years ago. I decided to dye it brown. I followed the instructions. After I was done, my blonde highlights still showed, and I found the blue streaks. I first thought the hair dying kit was a dud, so I got another one in a different brand. The same results followed. I tried over and over again. Then, I began to grow very angry. I 'accidentally' burned all the hair dying materials. Suddenly, Aphrodite appeared in the doorway.

"Honey, you shouldn't use your anger in that way," she replied. At first, I had no idea who she was and how she had gotten there. Aphrodite looked different. She was in some sort of disguise.

"What are you doing here?" I asked harshly.

"Trying to help my daughter," she replied simply.

"Listen to me," Aphrodite started. At first, I thought it was going to be very serious. "In my family, hair products should not be used as a victim to fire! Hair products are useful and very amazing in what they can do!" I bursted out laughing in my flashback.

"Can you help me?" I asked.

"This will only be temporary. It will be 2 days to be exact," she explained. She waved her arm and suddenly my hair was brown. "The blue streaks will still be there," she said. I wondered how she knew that. I had never told anyone except my siblings about it... The flashback ended. My hair was brushed and done. I walked back out. The horn sounded. It was time for a good dinner, but afterwards it was a real shocker.