27. "I Better Get A Big Slice of Cake. A Big One."

Can I be the first to say, thank you. Thank you to everyone who has left even a single comment and one vote, thank you to everyone who has taken their time to click on a simple-looking story proclaiming, The Bad Boy's Good Girl. Thank you to everyone who has stayed through weeks of not uploading, writer's block, and embarrassing author's note stories.

I love you all.

Before I start crying, on to this chapter...

<3

NOT EDITED

I follow the wind,

I'm up for a spin,

Feel perfect

In the arms I'm in.

And we're taking flight,

The whole world is right,

I hope we're in the air all night.

(Run Away - Megan & Liz)

"We're gonna do one mile," our coach says, earning a collective groan. "It's the day before Christmas break you wimps, now get to running."

I roll my eyes, tightening my pony tail before starting off at a steady jog. 

"Hi," Drew appears beside me quickly. I shoot him a quick smile before continuing my pace. "What's up?"

"Slowly dying," I shrug. He laughs, speeding up a bit on purpose. I glare at him, blowing a loose strand of hair out of my face.

"You'll be fine. Guess what tomorrow is, CG?" He doesn't let me answer, just throws his hands up. "Your eighteenth birthday!"

Excitement bubbles in my lower stomach. "I know," I dismiss modestly, blushing a bit. 

"Have anything planned?" Drew glances sideways at me. "You're gonna be legal." He sings the last word out slightly.

"I know," I huff. "And no, not really. Maybe just a small get-together. Nothing too big."

My calves begin to burn as we round the finish for our now-second lap. Wow. He distracts me so much I can hardly tell when we're finishing.

Could that be interpreted wrong?

Only you, Scott, I swear...

"Hm," he answers safely. I roll my eyes, speeding up a bit. Staring hard at my laces, I wait for him to say anything more.

A lot of people, it seemed, knew we were 'together' when we came back. I guess it's just in the air. Well, we're not ... together together. He hasn't asked me out, I've made no move to do the same. It's a bit awkward between us now, whenever we kiss. I'm betting on it being because of the two near-sex experiences we've had ... two!

But, somehow, the awkward vanishes and we're against a wall or something.

Yeah. We may or may not need to add to the near-sex list.

***

"Slow down, grab the wall, wiggle like you're try'na make your ass fall off," Noel pumps her fist up and down with one ear bud stuck into her ear, as she grins at me.

"Tell me that's not what you're actually listening to," I raise my eyebrows as I slam my locker shut, giving her the 'are you for real' look.

She laughs loudly. "No, but I have that on here," she shrugs, handing me one of her ear buds. I shift my hair to the side to listen to whatever she's rocking out to.