12. "...Didn't Peg You as a Dubstep Girl, But, Hey, To Each Their Own."

NOT EDITED

I used to bite my tongue and hold my breath

Scared to rock the boat and make a mess.

So I sat quietly, agreed politely

I guess that I forgot I had a choice.

Let you push me past the breaking point. 

I stood for nothing, so I fell for everything

(Roar - Katy Perry)  

"Okay, class," my English teacher says. "For your homework, I want you to write about yourself."

"Lame," some boy calls out. Mrs. Carson, my teacher, rolls her eyes.

"I suppose you want to read To Kill A Mockingbird, huh?" She quips. "I'm running out of homework ideas, okay? You guys are seniors. Figure it out."

I roll my eyes, but mutter a 'yes' along with the other students. The bell rings, signalling the end of fourth period. I sit up a bit straighter, smiling slightly. 

Okay, this is how I know I've gone insane. 

I pack up my things, standing up. Slinging my back pack over my shoulder, I hug my jacket tighter to me. Over the past few days, it's been getting colder and stormier. Some people are even wearing snowshoes to class 'just in case'.

But, who am I to talk, when I've got two extra pairs of boots in both my locker and Wesley's?

I hurry out, nearly tripping when a senior student way taller than me shoves past. I glare at his retreating back.

Parading down the hallway, I wave at a few people who smile warmly at me. I'm pretty sure I look horrible. I literally just threw on a pair of leggings and a long sleeved shirt before slipping on a jacket and fur boots. I'm certain my nose and cheeks are red, while the rest of my face is deathly pale.

I eventually make it to the cafeteria, and buy a water bottle. I'm not hungry at all, actually. Even though we have water fountains in the school, the water is pretty damn disgusting. I even remember attempting to drink from one, and it tasted metallic.

Sitting at Noel's and I usual table, I mess around with my bottle. That is, until I hear a chair shifting backwards.

"Hello!" Noel greets happily. Oliver slides into the seat right next to her, and what surprises me most is who sits next to Oliver.

It's the blue - eyed devil himself. 

"Hi Noel, Oliver," I grin at them, and, almost instantly, my smile falters when I glance at Drew. "Drew."

Oliver nods, and Drew lets out a sigh. "Hi."

I very nearly roll my eyes, but decide against it. Instead, I turn to Noel. "How's it going in Choir?" I ask, trying to appear care free, when I'm really tense with two icy blue eyes practically burning into my soul.

Too poetic? Yeah.

"Horrible. I reckon that most of the people in there are tone deaf. Some of us tried to audition, you know!" She sighs, leaning her chin onto her palm. "And - hey, why aren't you eating?"

"Not that hungry," I brush the question off. A clap of thunder sounds, making me gasp. 

"Fucking rain," Drew speaks for the first time since his sombre 'Hi'. "Quote that, Ollie."

Oliver chuckles. "Sure."

"So, Dylan," Noel is quick to change the subject, knowing that Drew and I are - quite obviously - not on good terms. "Do you have an escort for the banquet?"