Chapter 29: Taking the Offensive

Start from the beginning

"You know, you don't have to do this if you don't want to," said the void dragon.

"No... no, I need to do this. I'll deal with the consequences afterward," she sighed softly, "I need to if we're going to rescue the dragons there."

He nodded, "Just trying to make sure you're confident in this choice."

"As confident as I can be," she gave him a wain smile.

That was the other part of the plan, as a lot of it rode on Silver's power, and her ability to control her equilibrium. There had been other, more dangerous ways, of taking the A.O.D.H base, other alternatives, but Silver decided that it would be best for them to make the most of the power she had. She would use her equilibrium to break into the base, taking out the humans within, and then allowing the rest of the army to raid it. There were around one thousand dragons captured inside this specific base, a massive number compared to most. But sometimes, it was good to start big.

Silver turned to look back at the small army behind her. A number of her friends had decided to join in this battle as well. West gave her a snark grin, seeming to be far too excited for the fight. Blaze was sitting next to him, and snorted at the wind dragon's smile. Zepos was there as well, and she could see him hesitating about whether to go up or not, glancing at Retrix with an unreadable expression. She gave him a comforting grin, which he returned nervously. Celestia had chosen to stay behind, saying that she wasn't needed for this battle, and would rather stay behind to look after her hatchlings. Reha had also opted to stay, not confident in her ability to do well in a battle.

The dragoness let out a small sigh and looked back up as Tyler moved from his position, walking down from the hill. Liam was standing at the bottom, screwing a silencer onto the massive sniper rifle he had in his hands. He had a stoic frown of concentration. This sort of thing wasn't new to him. Diana was also there, along with one of her former co-workers. She seemed nonchalant to the whole thing, holding an assault rifle lightly in her arms. Silver didn't know if she was feeling guilty or excited.

"Okay," spoke Tyler, "There is a group of them on the outskirts. They seem to know that we are in the vicinity, but as far as I can tell they have no idea where. And without their sonar they won't be able to track us. So... now would be the time Silver."

Everyone looked at the dragoness. She shuffled softly before nodding her head again. No more being afraid of it. Besides, if she did it now, while she was in control and calm, then the effect it would cause would be far less. She just hoped it wouldn't drain an enormous portion of her strength. Firefly had told her that it was rare to fall unconscious after using equilibrium, but with lack of sleep and higher exhaustion, she doubted she would make it extremely far afterwards.

"Okay... step back," she told the dragons around her.

She took another deep breath, forcing her heart rate to slow and abating her nervousness. Then she closed her eyes, reaching deep inside her being for the power that was begging to be let free. It wasn't the first time she had reached for this power, and wouldn't be the last, but this time she was doing it consciously, and it wasn't just for threatening. With a slight hesitation, she tugged at the pit of unlimited potential. Almost immediately there was an effect, and she let out a small growl of surprise.

Around her the dragons took a step back a sudden wave of power rushed outwards from the dragoness. Silver, before she could stop herself, pulled hard at the pit once more, and this time wasn't frightened as more power stormed through her, pushing out the tiredness, the nervousness, the wariness. It was like being washed in water after a hard day. Refreshing one could say. She grinned, letting a small rumble of satisfaction leave her as the power continued to well up through her body like a hurricane.